Nugget Shooter Forums

WSPA

Nugget Shooter

Soooo what the heck is the WSPA? Well folks it is a club that was formed by forum members many moons ago and a great outfit to be a part of and actually many or most of the members are also on this forum including our Prez Chris or Nevada Chris as you may know him....

Anyway there just happen to be a few memberships open right now.... :4chsmu1:

Here is what we are about.... http://westernstates...ssociation.org/

OK yes this is a shameless plug :brows:

Not a shameles plug at all Bill ... WSPA is a great club ... I have been a member since the beginning. Good claims and more coming, good bunch of folks and outings in AZ, NV and CA ... claims in all three.

Mike F

I was originally WSPA #33 but dropped after a couple years ... Are there any new claims around the Wickenburg area? ... Would certainly consider re-upping if there are ... Cheers, Unc

I would still be a member of WSPA if I was in the USA and plan to rejoin if/when I get back. A great bunch of guys and lots of good claims.

Paul

I joined last week as a non-claim member and I am number 32. It took me all last night to read the claims and as it turned out I have crossed some of the claims on my way to other club claims. It is worth it to me by far.

I'm not a member of any prospecting organization... yet.

I can only afford to be a member of one at this time.

Should try and become a member of WSPA or GPAA ?

I live in the Los Angeles area, and would prefer to have access to claims close by me. I would love to make it to AZ, but that might only happen a couple of times a year if I'm luky.

Thanks for any advice.

Hey Bill I'm interested. I've done ok pounding the heck out of the Prescott/Bradshaws for the last few years but I'm running out of new ideas. I've been wanting to expand my horizons to learn some new geology and see different kinds of gold bearing ground. I'd really like to meet and learn from some more of the more experienced guys too.

WSPA has claims in CA, NV, and AZ currently and as to where that is not info that we can share publicly for obvious reasons, but there are some good claims available for members to use. Joining is very reasonably priced and there are still a few memberships left (capped at 100 non claim holding members) Or if you own a claim you would like to allow other members to use as well there are other membership options available.

See ya out there!

Who is the WSPA?

Officers and Board of Directors,

President: Chris Porter / Lovelock, NV

Vice Pres. / Secretary: Robert Sulatycky / Napa & Los Angeles, CA

Treasurer: Joe & Yvonne Merrill / Parker, AZ.

BOD / Bill Southern / Morristown, AZ

BOD / CA,NV. Claims Director: Chris Ralph / Reno, NV.

BOD / AZ. Claims Director: Gene Tolman / Prescott, AZ.

BOD / Forum Admin. / Mike Krisher / Phoenix, AZ.

BOD / Forum & Website Admin. / Roger Dyer / Lake Havasu City, AZ.

BOD / By-Laws Committee Chair / Martin Milas / La Canada, CA.

BOD / Dennis Miller / Santa Barabra CA.

BOD / John Blennert / Vail, AZ.

WSPA Store / Joe & Yvonne Merrill / Parker, AZ.

All members are voted into the association by the members.

All claims are proven to have detectable gold.

Got a claim? Lease it to the WSPA and receive a membership, and have the WSPA do all the paperwork and pay the fees.

Edited by nvchris

I belong to a few clubs and WSPA is certainly the 'premier' club in terms of quality of members and claims: I personally have benefitted from the willingness of some of the best detectorists in the country sharing their knowledge with me. And as for claims... here is a pic of my latest finds from a WSPA claim just a few weeks ago: 17grams and 2grams.

Dale_Gold_17.09_gram____2.10_gram.JPG

HOWDY ALL, I HAD SOME GREAT TIMES PROSPECTING ON WSPA CLAIMS. THE GETTOGETHERS WITH SOME REALLY GREAT PEOPLE AT THEIR OUTINGS WILL BE IN MY MEMORY BANK FOR YEARS TO COME. I FOUND SOME REALLY NICE NUGS ON THEIR CLAIMS. WISH WSPA COULD HAVE A CLAIM IN MONTANA.

HARRY

Lucky Joe missed these four. All were detected a few days ago with a GPX5000 within 30 feet of where his 4500 zeroed in on the half-ouncer. Yes, WSPA has some good claims that still give up gold to those who belong. And, YES, the associates are the best nuggets of all!! BTW, my GB2 and new used Lobo Super Traq both failed to detect these little guys before the 5000 went to work.

post-1713-0-35899700-1355270982_thumb.jp

Nice words guys We have worked hard to keep our reputation and good ground ,We are always working to find new areas .They have to pass our standards, Not just any claim will do for us, The members are our best asset, The outings are more like a big family get togethers without the long shirt tail relatives. Also there is good gold coming off the claims for the ones who put in the time, We also let the softer claim go away as more acerage is not what we want it is better ground.

Jim M we still have our Pinto placer claims ,Also our claims are up against a lot of open ground so that get,s you into a big ball game of prospecting,

It is wonderfull to see our new officers at work,This club is going good places for sure,Most members do not tell of there finds ,But i can say quite a few OZs have come out the last year, Also I have personally put a lot of people on gold. when i see someone needs training I give it to them and the teachings I preform are very detailed ,So as you can see it is not your everyday club,,

Jim with your reputation you are kidding right, I will vouch for you any day sir, Hope things are going good for you and yours, Looking forward to seeing you at an outing,,

Edited by Denny

Yeah, don't sell yourself short Jim... you're a very hopeful wretch! Hey, you got my vote and I will look forward to seeing you in the field instead of just at the gold shows. BTW: I use your single strap almost all the time instead of a harness for my 4500... great simple invention.

"Hopefull" wretch, hey I like that Joe. Reminds me of "Great Expectations" where one character was said to be a "hopeful young man," i.e. motivated and competent. Happily, after 31 years and untold thousands of nuggets later I am still stoked when I dig up another one. Even "Mojave Midgets." Actually, it was 31 years ago that I dug up my first nugget, the size of a medium raisin, at Pinto Placers. Been ruined ever since. :) HH Jim