Nugget Shooter Forums

Quartzite Pow Wow Info Request

Posted elsewhere -zilch for vendors--costs way up for all-how much truth vs hype?? I thought it was next year. Sorry as Mexafornian and not been there to Pow Wow/ shows in gulp 25 years?? times sure flys away :Just_Cuz_06: please educate my ignorance --thanx-John

John, I'll try to be a bit helpfull here, costs for renting a small space even on the outskirts of the area were prohibitive last I checked 2 seasons ago.

Bunk and I were down there drivin around and inquiring at a few places as we wanted find out how much we'd have to lay out to set up a small booth/area.

We were looking at 1000's of dollars prices thrown at us. Could have rented commercial sq. footage in a damm retail store for less probably.

The general consensus from people we talked to was the area was loosing vendors over a period of the last few seasons because of costs.

Talk was they were going to Yuma area to set up at flea mkts

There is a website you can google that give the calender of events an a bit of info.

Must be others on here with more info for ya.

Thanx mucho as friend is hosting a rv park there and spot is $1,100 A YEAR for a space-summers too hot but mexafornia cannot be tolerated 12 months a year anymore-thanx again-John

• 6 months later...

Im surprised Quartzsite hasnt imploded yet due to thier problems in politics and the police force.

Kind of a messed up little town.

But.....theres gold down there!! Ive seen it! :)
Tom H.

John, I'll try to be a bit helpfull here, costs for renting a small space even on the outskirts of the area were prohibitive last I checked 2 seasons ago.

Bunk and I were down there drivin around and inquiring at a few places as we wanted find out how much we'd have to lay out to set up a small booth/area.

We were looking at 1000's of dollars prices thrown at us. Could have rented commercial sq. footage in a damm retail store for less probably.

The general consensus from people we talked to was the area was loosing vendors over a period of the last few seasons because of costs.

Talk was they were going to Yuma area to set up at flea mkts

There is a website you can google that give the calender of events an a bit of info.

Must be others on here with more info for ya.

Yep town fathers cut their own throats jacking rent up last Winter nobody showed up till the 1st of Jan. and after the main event they all cleared out quick. One vendor we got to know bought a building there rather then rent and others I talked too went to flea mkts at Tuscon and should you happen to need a vehicle worked on I can give you $4K worth of reasons not to stop at Everetts Towing in "Q" In 2010 our 1st year there vendors were moving in by the end of Sept.

Jim n Sue