Nugget Shooter Forums
chuck,tx2

Old Winchester knife

Found this thing at the old prospectors camp, His home is about gone , But his knife ispost-873-0-59102300-1355026810_thumb.jpgpost-873-0-75285500-1355026846_thumb.jpgpost-873-0-40097400-1355026872_thumb.jpg one of my

most valued teasures.

Hi Chuck

Nice old knife and good find. It is a stockman model,and if a genuine Winchester,was

made between 1919 and 1942. The last genuine Winchester was made in 1942.

That was one tough old feller,that lived in that cabin.

It actually looks like a brand new old knife. Hardly ever used.

oops! wrong post.

Edited by Rimshot

It actually looks like a brand new old knife. Hardly ever used.

oops! wrong post.

This is a good example of what happens when a person tries to think before coffee and beer!!!! :2mo5pow:

post-873-0-09330800-1355054845_thumb.jpgpost-873-0-17429700-1355054864_thumb.jpgpost-873-0-61279900-1355054891_thumb.jpg

Hi Chuck

Nice old knife and good find. It is a stockman model,and if a genuine Winchester,was

made between 1919 and 1942. The last genuine Winchester was made in 1942.

That was one tough old feller,that lived in that cabin.

Sawmill, Thanks for the information, what have you on a Northfield knife?

Amen G lets keep our priorities right--- :00000067: coffe with kahlua THEN beer :brows: Fantastic finds-both cabin / shelter/ hut and that knife. Talk about 1 tough ol'sod. Going back or detected throughly and done with it??? John

CHUCK, I FOUND A WINCHESTER CATTLE KNIFE IN GOLD BASIN A FEW YEARS BACK, IT HAS IVORY HANDLES WITH A STERS HEAD INGRAVED ON ONE SIDE AND WINCHESTER CATTLE KNIFE ON THE OTHER SIDE.

HARRY

Harry, I bet that one is worth big bucks to a collector, I would be interested in tradeing my Winchester knife for yours, mine doesent show any sighns of ever been sharped & you can install

the handles that you like, bone or wood or what ever.You had better hurry for I am 85 & not feeling to zippey.

I can put new handles on that if you like, either wood, ivory or stone. Been doing it for years

I can put new handles on that if you like, either wood, ivory or stone. Been doing it for years

There you go Harry, are you readdy to trade? EI Dorado can fix you up with a knife with a lot of experence & brane new handles & mabey he will sharpen it for you. chuck

Chuck, I've tried to find someone to replace the very rusted blades. I will keep it in My collection of nice finds that weren't gold.

Harry

Chuck It would be safe to bet that your Northfield is older than you are,and is a keeper.

Northfield made knives from 1858 to 1926. They went out of business in 1926 and the land

and factory was sold to the state. One employee continued to build a few knives for

about 40 years after using the Northfield trademark. There is a new company that has taken

over the trademark ,and make knives in the same style.

Your knife shows to be an original ,and is very collectable . Condition is what controls the

price. There should be a serial number on one of the blades. With that you can tell when it

was made.