Nugget Shooter Forums

Ran a Vacuum at my wire gold spot

OK I detected for 3 hours today and got no more of the small wire gold and nuggets that I was getting earlier in the week, bummer. So I went and got the vacuum out of the truck cause I was smart enough for once to be prepared and vacuumed the small depression at the head of the wash where most of the wire came from and I vacuumed the shallow piddler wash as well. Then after nearly breaking my back carrying 4 buckets of dirt back to the truck (long walk) I was rewarded with this when I got home and ran it through the drywasher....

2012-12-08_12-43-34_738-1.jpg

Hi Frank, I use a modded leaf blower attached to a 5 gallon bucket and works like a charm and will suck the hair off a dog....

Cool, a "DYI", and runs on gas, sweet, good thing you didn't give -up on that wire patch, and changed yer tactic a little, it definitely paid off :thumbsupanim !

Now Bill, we all know your not going to leave well enough alone, so you got some figgerin out to do...a little more vac testing, some map studying from a higher view, a little more pondering. Kinda like a blood hound, there's a bit of trackin to do, all of it should be very fun.

There is indeed more work to do and ya never know what may be under the next rock as you well know. This little deposit may lead to better, but the San Domingo area is tricky sometimes. :idunno: I am mighty happy with this little spot for sure!

Sweeeet!

Bill:

You have enough gold there to sell and buy Frank Cs little yeller....then you dont have to carry dirt anymore :)

Tom H

You are on a roll.... hope it keep up and gets better

hay how do you reverse the leaf blower ,It blows out not suck in...? can you tell me ..

Birdlady:

Heres a pic of a old one I had.

I ran a elbo to the intake.

If you buy one you can get the type that will lay on its side and you just have the intake right on top of the wood base.

Tom

post-25308-0-56803700-1355008268_thumb.j

That's some sweet gold there, Bill ...Hope you find the load for that batch o' yella ... I've got a gold vac tank and hose, just need to figure out which gas powered blower to mount on it ... Any recommendations? ... I know that some of them won't stand up to extended use, but can't remember which one's they are... :old: ...Yer's in CRS ... Cheers, Unc

I have a Weed Eater set up some what like that last photo.

Man your On it there for sure.

The Source can't be more then 50 Yards from you there.

Boy, I'd be drawing up my claim corners while I sleep.

That's some sweet gold there, Bill ...Hope you find the load for that batch o' yella ... I've got a gold vac tank and hose, just need to figure out which gas powered blower to mount on it ... Any recommendations? ... I know that some of them won't stand up to extended use, but can't remember which one's they are... :old: ...Yer's in CRS ... Cheers, Unc

Hi Ron, I like Ryobe only because the intake screen is attached with screws so mounting to a bucket is a snap... One thing I have learned is that the gas lines into the plastic tank are just pushed in and when set sideways will leak if not sealed with some RTV or goop. You do not want to perm glue them cause they may need replaced eventually. 4 stroke will outlast 2 stroke, but the 2 stroke seem fine if you do not run too long and overheat them. Kind of like a chainsaw ya got to let them cool between tanks of fuel or they will cook themselves especially in out heat.

Nice :4chsmu1: now go over the clean exposed bedrock with the beeper again :head: Mike C... :200:

Edited by Mike C...

Sweet, William! (Ok, a pun from one gardener to another) Bill, some of those bits look more stream worn than others. How great a distance was involved from where the 4 buckets were vacuumed?