Nugget Shooter Forums

Bought a new drywashing blower today

lotsa luck

Needed to run the drywahser at the same time as the vacuum so I did some shopping and decided on trying out one of the new 4 stroke hand held blowers since it doesn't really take much power to run my sluice I figurred it would be adequate and maybe last longer in the AZ heat that kills the 2-smokers that burn up so fast for me.

Just set it up in the shop and gave it a try... Where has this thing been all my life? Quiet and very powerful much more vibration than all previous blowers at full throttle. Figure I'll run it around 1/2 and see how long a tank will last in it. Anyone else tried them and have good/bad reports?

Fab a stand for it to give it a long life, farther away from the ground the better :brows: I much prefer a simple tripod--up / down in 1 second,stable, and cheap also at goodwill /salvation army /swaps--- John :yesss:

Fab a stand for it to give it a long life, farther away from the ground the better :brows: I much prefer a simple tripod--up / down in 1 second,stable, and cheap also at goodwill /salvation army /swaps--- John :yesss:

Why, for ease of keeping it level or do you think it helps cool the motor that much better? Not saying your wrong just never gave it much consideration.

all of the above and also runs cooler,easier to move when wind shifts,less bending over to adjust speeds. The better you take care of your equipment--the mo' oro ya' get , the longer it lasts,makes it easier on your body, and less $$$$$$ outta your pocket-it's a 4 way win as it ALL adds up in the end... :old::2mo5pow: ifn' only I'd a listened to my elders :th: John

Heres a pic of my portable vacuum .... Ive had to replace the fan once ( have two new spares) and have had to replace half of the body assembly on blower. due to rocks and sand ripping through the unit. The parts are fairly cheap though.

This machine would not work if there were any type of filter on the intake so, I dont know what you guys are talking about.

Stihl BG 86c

27.2CC

459 CFM

True 3" intake into bucket / 10 foot x 3 " hose

vacuum.jpg

Edited by adam

Thanks Lotsa Luck,

This set up is good for hiking into areas, which is what I do most. It runs dry material very well, but as for wet , I dont have a need as I dont use a sluce or anything. You have mentioned your backpack vacuum, and I know that thing cranks up double the displacement of what I use now ( kick arse for sure)....I almost did a similar project , even had the brand new Stihl backpack blower on hand and I chickened out , then sold it on ebay.

Cannot be beat though to speed things up. My blower is connected to the bucket lid with a short peice of flexable 4" hose and ALSO on the same lid is the vacuum intake instead of the buckets side. To change buckets just idle it and swap the lid to the new bucket then hit the gas. One less bucket dump each time makes the day go by easier. If you change your vacuum line to smooth bore you will get about a 20% increase in suction also with fewer clogs.

Thats the same thing I was going to do with the backpack blower...Intake and intake on the lid or close to it....I know your machine is violent for sure..... If anyone is missing their children around mine , they should check the intake hose....its pretty good :D

If you change your vacuum line to smooth bore you will get about a 20% increase in suction also with fewer clogs.

The hose in the picture is designed as smooth bore. It is real flat on the inside with very little ridging. They sell the hoses at the lifestyle store. Where do you get true smooth bore that is still fexible enough to vacuum with ?

I'll put something together for you this week Bill will pics to show the setup, its easy and much quicker to change buckets. Every little bit helps when trying to move a lot of dirt right? The best hose I have found is this one through MSC. http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT2?PMPXNO=9383660&PMTERM=79219242 We get it at 1/2 the listed price and they ship next day. 2 1/2" seems to be the perfect size for maximum vacuum. I do not restrict the intake at all with any screens etc.