Nugget Shooter Forums

Well,

The point still has a few treasures to be found for those willing to work for them.. Couldnt beat the weather for a day of digging up in the pine trees.

Sorry for the bad photo, the crystals look much nicer in person....

DSC05435.jpg

I think Adam has found the secret to finding gold. 1st you find crystals and then you find gold... :D Nice crystals!

Nice, reminds me of double-terminated Herkimer diamonds

Rex,

the crystals are formed the exact same way that the herkimers are. Heres a handfull of smaller ones. You can see the similarity to the Herks..

Steve,

they are from Diamond Point, outside of Payson, AZ.

DSC05439.jpg

They look even better in the newer photo in your hand. I know folks seem to ask exorbitant prices for some double-terminated Herkimer diamonds, especially twinned ones, at least they price them higher than regular quartz crystals.

Rex,

The only reason they are so over priced is because their long standing namesake as herkimers. They are beautiful crystals though. The crystals in this spot in Payson form the same way as the Herks but they dont fetch the same popularity or price as the herkimers. Im hoping to visit Utah and Rye patch for some crystal digging and beepin , next summer ...

Adam,

Lots of crystals at Rye Patch if you know where to look. They just won't be the same quality as the ones shown above in your photos (my opinion) but they do get large. Also,expect a visit from Crystal John when you're there. Met him when I was at Rye Patch and yes, I brought some from him...

Steve

Rex,

The only reason they are so over priced is because their long standing namesake as herkimers. They are beautiful crystals though. The crystals in this spot in Payson form the same way as the Herks but they dont fetch the same popularity or price as the herkimers. Im hoping to visit Utah and Rye patch for some crystal digging and beepin , next summer ...

At Rye Patch, on one of the hills where people often camp with the 5 gallon drums (I don't think it is the hill with the drums, but one of the camping hills along that road), there is a rusty red patch on the side facing the lake near the top, I dug some nice crystals right out of there. A half inch screen helps with the excavation. If you visit UT try your luck at Topaz Mountain, although small, the crystals can be well formed and fairly plentiful in certain spots.

As Goldfinger said, Crystal John really has some LARGE crystals he can show you. I also have a few, better than I was able to find myself.

Edited by bigrex