Nugget Shooter Forums

9:16 pm My heart is still pounding. It went from se to nw and could have hit land. I am in Alpine, ca. Went out to get wood for the stove. The area lit up like daytime. I heard a crackling sound and looked in that direction and saw it as it broke into two pieces. No loud boom followed. It either landed in a very populated area or the ocean. from the angle it appeared to hit land.

Ed

I am surprised there were no other reports. I watched the late newsto see but nothing. This thing was so bright more people had to see it but still no reports. Claudia was in the back yard and she saw it and though it was the neighbors headlights. Ed

To All

I observed this event from the back yard of my residence at the aforementioned time and date.

It was captured on my AllSky cam, see image and hopefully video. I reported the event to the

Lunar Meteorite Hunter bulletin shortly after witnessing it,but they have yet to post.

Richard AKA kgmrg

post-3321-0-40259100-1355088363_thumb.jp

To All

I observed this event from the back yard of my residence at the aforementioned time and date.

It was captured on my AllSky cam, see image and hopefully video. I reported the event to the

Lunar Meteorite Hunter bulletin shortly after witnessing it,but they have yet to post.

Richard AKA kgmrg

post-3321-0-40259100-1355088363_thumb.jp

Do you have any idea what the other small line is up to the left Richard?

Rim

Rimshot

Aircraft navigation lights or a UFO :4chsmu1:

Richard

Shucks! I thought you might say the space station. We had a few fly overs a few weeks back.

Rim

Richard and Ed,

I came back from Franconia and Quartzsite on Friday the 7th to Santa Monica. As I often times do I will just go to the beach and continue hunting and as I was going to one of the South Bay beaches I was on PCH (Lincoln Blvd) and saw this streak that reminded me of fireworks but was much bigger. It was going directly down the road looking South and to me 'went out' at what looked like LAX which would have been within 10 miles from me. I drove to a safe place and texted Twink what I saw and that was about 9:25 PM on the 7th. I remember (while driving) seeing at least one larger fragment but this was above all of the city lights and street lights near. I rolled down the windows for a sonic boom but could only hear traffic and no one else was stopped and pointing to the sky. I reported it a few hours later.

I had all my detecting gear and magnets ready to go so I could just track it down. I drive all over Arizona for a week and come back to LA and see this.

Thanks for posting your sightings.

Mitchel

This meteor was captured by several AllSky Cams.

El Segundo, CA

Riverside, CA (thanks Richard!!!)

Parker, AZ

Prescott, AZ

Rob Matson looked at the data from Riverside and Parker for any kind of Radar info. He found nothing on the radar. Its approximate fall area was near Julian.

Jim