Nugget Shooter Forums

A year ocean dredging at Nome Alaska

Au Seeker

If you would like to read a dive journal/log about how real Nome ocean dredgers do it, this is a great read and has some great pictures of daily life while in Nome for the summer to do some real gold dredging.

This is from Steve Phillips a businessman from Alabama who owns and operates a diving shop and has been going to Nome for around 20 years now to dredge offshore of Nome.

Steve has also been on Tom Massie's Gold Fever show a couple of times, in the last episode he was in, Tom checked out Steve's extensive Civil War collection, and also Tom and Kia went metal detecting for CW relics and also hunting indian arrowheads.

Here's the link to Steve's account of his 2011 summer Nome ocean dredging season.

http://www.ssdsupply...teenth Year.pdf

Steve has also compiled 8 years of going to Nome to dredge into a dive journal that he's offering for sale

Yea that was the guy that bought a civil war rifle and tracked it back to one of his own relatives I believe...that was one of the few decent shows.

Hey Glenny...I tear up on most gold fever shows, but mostly because they make me sleepy. :zzzzz: but that one was a good show fer sure.

You always here how hard Alaska is on equpiment, this PDF really brings that home.... I enjoyed it very much. I wish some of these gold shows had a lot more meat and potatoes, but I guess the drama is what keeps the masses tuning in. I still watch, just to see the gold

I agree with ya Oakview.

last night's show was pretty good with gold. I did the math and they ran at 0.01oz/ton on Indian River (5000 yards yielded 60ozt)

And Parker had a good run @ 55 ozt.

Porcupine Creek got lucky with MSHA.

And Todd is still a nincompoop.

I agree with ya Oakview.

last night's show was pretty good with gold. I did the math and they ran at 0.01oz/ton on Indian River (5000 yards yielded 60ozt)

And Parker had a good run @ 55 ozt.

Porcupine Creek got lucky with MSHA.

And Todd is still a nincompoop.

I agree that Todd is an IDIOT :89: , I just love after the 63oz when added to the previous 30 oz the way he said "I'll get the other 7 oz we need to keep the investor happy" I don't think he'll even be able to do that!!!