Nugget Shooter Forums

Was yard saleing in Wickenburg as I was looking this one yard sale over I saw one of those rubbermaid type boxes with a bunch of stuff in it and a bunch of wires. As I got to it I noticed a spiral wheel in it and went thru the box and found that it was complete and new. The sticker wasn't even wore off the bottom.

I asked the guy if this was one of those gold things that seperates the gold from the sand. He responded if you say thats what it is you know more than I. I went thru the box and re-arranged everything and closed and snapped the lid.

I asked what you want for it. He said it was in the house when he bought it and didn't know anything about it

He said How about 20 bucks, darn near tore a hole in the bottom of my pocket getting the money outpost-227-0-51630900-1354669156_thumb.jpg

The other prize I got was a week before in Mesa at a yard sale was a Falcon MD20 with holster and extensions for the long shaft. It was marked $10.00 also looked to be new.idn't have to ask about it. just paid the lady and said thank you.

post-227-0-29686300-1354669157_thumb.jpg

I hate yard sales for myself but have been to a few lately just because of posted finds like that. I haven't been so lucky yet but then I didn't find my first nugget on my first day of prospecting either.

Mike F

I noticed an estate sale advertised a couple of weeks ago and the ad stated "sheet Sterling silver". My friend and I both showed up and scooped up a five ounce slug of pure silver and and additional 21 ounces of sterling sheet for the tidy sum of $160. Not as good as your find but the total was worth about $750+-. It pays to shop sales once and a while and it will also make a lot of silver jewelry. When you go to sales look for old silver marked "sterling" or "925", but, nothing marked silver plate. You can sell the sterling for 85% of market thru Rio Grand Jewelry supply of New Mexico for cash..

Dang Allen!! With that kinda luck you better get out there and prospect cause your on a streak, that looks like an original model Fox because I've never seen one with pvc legs like that, mine has a regular cast plastic all one piece type legs.

WOW!! I would have had to hit a yard dale afterward for some new pants after tearing off my pocket to get the money out.

Now quit hitting yard sales near me (Mesa) so I have a shot! :)

I don't normally get out early enough, so I often miss some really good stuff.

Great finds Al.

Last year while visiting my buddy Bunk the wife insisted on hitting yard sales on the way home and I spotted a Whites XLT Spectrum for the tidy sum of $20.00 cash .

Made my day.

I still have my XLT Frank...and it's a fine machine, great for parks and the beach, but it won't balance in the desert.

• 2 weeks later...

You should ask Jim (Desertsunburn) to give you a buy price on some of that silver and gold. He beats most prices if given a chance.

Mitchel

Man, you guys got some great deals!

Woohoo!

• 2 weeks later...

Allen, I beleive that the gold wheel you have was made by AZ AL , Glendale,AZ ,.

I have found 2 of them at yard sales recently and one had a decal on it stating made by him and the

other one is idenical.

I also found a 24" stainless steel gold wheel in excellent shape,very heavy built, owner said it came from a mine near Qsite.

Then I found a like new Desert fox in the case at the flea market' .

Then saw a GoldBug sitting in the corner at a local business,looked new, asked the guy about it and he said it was left with him to pay a bill and said take it for $35, works great!.

This time of the year is good for gold equiptment!

Max

Edited by Gilaoro
  • 2 weeks later...

Last year I found a Minelab 8" Commander Mono coil new in the factory seal box for $125.00. The kids were cleaning out their parents house and items that still had a price tag on them they were selling for half price. The girls told me that earlier they sold the metal detector for half price, and it was the same name on the box... Minelab! I wonder what model it was?

More Au to you, Robert