Nugget Shooter Forums

meteorites VS the CTX 3030

Bill, can you vary the ctx freq, on the Minelab website it says 1 to 100 Khz range. If that is so, the CTX should have no problems on meteorites.

Dave.

My Explorer SE Pro sees my samples from Gold Basin and Franconia very good. I use it so often any more on the beach it would be a toss up between using it and my 5000 in Franconia or Gold Basin again. If I ran over big gold it can see that too. If I had more small gold samples I would report on that but I don't find much gold ... yet.

Hey Mr. Bill whats the verdict on the 3030 over meteorites ????

I'm quite interested myself if the 3030 can easily find them.

I'd like to know also if it can ground balance out the basalt and still pick up a stoney meteorite.

It seems there are only a few detectors that people use succesfully to hunt the meteorites with,(GMT, PI, GB2 and the MXT is soso).

I don't hear of much success with any other detectors snooping for space rocks.

Hey Mr. Bill whats the verdict on the 3030 over meteorites ????

I will try to remember today guys, just got George sent off yesterday with a great service here in Morristown and life will not start getting back on track for me...

• 3 weeks later...

The CTX will hear the Gold Basin and Franconia Chondrites, but not what I would want to use in the field. I would stick with a gold nugget detector as they will hear them much better VLF or PI in my opinion.

Good report, Bill! Thanks!

How does that thing do discriminating jewelry from trash???

Jim

Good report, Bill! Thanks!

How does that thing do discriminating jewelry from trash???

Jim

Ahhhhh now ya get the big thumbs up Jim, these things can show you more that one target at the same time with good in red and ferrous in blue at the same time. Like if a silver coin is in the same spot as two trash iron targets you can still see it! I am very impressed with the 3030 and Minelab hit it out of the park with this one, like an E-Track on steroids with a GPS and color screen. I have a demo here at the shop anyone can give a go right here at the land that time forgot :4chsmu1:

Ahhhhh now ya get the big thumbs up Jim, these things can show you more than one target at the same time with good in red and ferrous in blue at the same time. Like if a silver coin is in the same spot as two trash iron targets you can still see it! I am very impressed with the 3030 and Minelab hit it out of the park with this one, like an E-Track on steroids with a GPS and color screen. I have a demo here at the shop anyone can give a go right here at the land that time forgot :4chsmu1:

Ah cool! Can you throw down a gold ring and a bottle cap and an aluminum tab and take a picture of the display or do a video???? Is the coil waterproof?

Jim