Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest goldstudmuffin

Shovel head and a knife...

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi Bill and All,

Sorry Bill if the title sounded like biker talk I coudn't help myself... :idunno: did you have any of the old shovel head Harley Davidson motorcycles?

The cabin I found has a new claim marker right close to it... a group out of Utah. There is an old stamp mill foundation and tons of hardrock diggings and propects. But I didn't do any detecting around the cabin area.

These tools were found on the edge of a prospect hole a couple miles away from the cabin, so far no placering that I can see. The shovel had markings all over it, including pat pending, and serial number. It also has a stamped logo on it The Wood Shovel and Tool Company. I did some research and the company was started in 1902. I'll be back to the area to check it out some more.

Maybe one of Adams whore out shovels? :Diggin_a_hole: Don't worry the nugget wasn't in the shovel when I found it.

Pay no attention to the nugget in the shovel it's just there for size... and to make the picture a little more fun to look at. :inocent:

post-86-0-73941700-1354489823_thumb.jpg

post-86-0-93843700-1354489853_thumb.jpg

post-86-0-08815500-1354489878_thumb.jpg

Edited by goldstudmuffin
  • Like 1

Nice finds Russ and I currently just happen to own a Shovelhead and your title caught me like you thought it would...

2012-02-04_13-28-52_37-1.jpg

Guest goldstudmuffin

Sweet Bike Bill,

what year is it? Beautiful restoration or is it a survivor?

Edited by goldstudmuffin

Wow, lots a humdinger stuff in a couple of posts!

It is a 1978 Lowrider I tore apart and redid to taste, engine is 93ci... It is my time machine :4chsmu1: Oh and I tried to take your advise and ignore the nugget, but can't. Lets hear some details :brows: AND did you take the boys out to watch ya dig it?

yeah Steve, the shovel, the knife, the motorcycle and the nugget

all could have had their own topic.

Overwhelming...

I new I lost a shovel somewhere between New Mexico & California...... :D Nice finds ! Sounds like an interesting area...

Guest goldstudmuffin

It is a 1978 Lowrider I tore apart and redid to taste, engine is 93ci... It is my time machine :4chsmu1: Oh and I tried to take your advise and ignore the nugget, but can't. Lets hear some details :brows: AND did you take the boys out to watch ya dig it?

I'm working on a time machine myself, a 1969 Mach 1 with a shaker hood, 428 cobra jet with a 4 speed. :yesss: After almost 3 years of work It's almost finished. :wee:

I posted the nugget last March I believe. I was all by myself when I dug that nugget last spring, it's almost 6 ounces. It was locked up in calichie along with 6 more ounces, 12 ounces total in a tributary up on a hillside. The main wash below had another 6 ounces we found 5 years ago, we hunted the trib a fews time over the years and never found a nugget in it, and then Lady Luck smiled on me! :idunno:

I'm not sure if you know it or not, I've been really bummed latey. I lost my good hunting buddy of 10 years last summer to lung cancer. He was my mentor, he taught Scott and I where and how to find gold with a metal detector and I sure do miss him. I thought I knew how to hunt for gold, but he taught us how to prospect and how to read the ground in that part of the state. I won't use his name here and I know you know him also. He enjoyed his privacy in life and I suspect he'd like to keep it that way even though he's passed away. I won't say any more about him except I got to drop that big nugget in my mentor hands a few months before he passed. If you are wondering I can tell you that nugget didn't come off any of his claims but from open ground, his good claims have been reclaimed by close friends.

I've also been battling wegener's disease for about a year now... http://www.ncbi.nlm....lth/PMH0001192/

it's in remission for now after 4 infussions from the Mayo Clinic but it did some permiment damage to my body and reaked havic on my lungs. I'm getting stronger now and I'm lucky to still be able to hunt nuggets. :desertsmile:

Edited by goldstudmuffin

Hi Russ, I also miss him allot and not having him around to say hello to when up that way is a sad deal for sure, he is missed. Sorry to hear about your issues as well and in reading your link it seems like a rough one.

Can the doc do anything to ease the symptoms?

I guess getting older sure ain't for wimps...

nice pic's Russ...that was/is a beautiful nuggie...

Hope your searches yield more great finds!

fred

I bet that old knife sliced a bunch of salt bacon, I remember when I was a kid, my Mother would slice salt pork, boil the salt off then fry for breakfust. good stuff, big hunk for a nickle.

Guest goldstudmuffin

I have a question for you guys...

Which do you think is a better "chick magnet" or which would pick up more chicks...

Bill's beautiful Shovelhead HD, :brows: or the 6 ounce nugget in the shovel head? :4chsmu1:

Bill, Yes I'm in good hands at the Mayo Clinic... Thanks for asking!

Oh man thats a good question....Chicks really like gold , but they dont seem to appreciate it in the natural form of the metal. Some chicks really dig bikes...and just the sound of one can get them , well...arroused? I hate to say it , but the bike will probably be the better chick magnet in the long run.

First of all don't listen to Adam.....then dye your hair jet black....grow a mustache and dye it snow white....

then drive a Red convertible Porche.....