Nugget Shooter Forums

On the Way to the Bradshaws ...

mn90403

I have a trip planned to go to the Bradshaws but leaving from Santa Monica it is 'convenient' to do a hunt for half or more of the day on the travel day. I recently went to Quartzsite for a couple of days but I would like to know is there a better area to consider on the 10/60/71/89 route that I will take?

I plan on being in the Quartzsite area about dawn or before so another hour or two drive east is possible.

Maybe I could make it to Stanton or Wickenburg?

Mitchel

Edited by mn90403

There are all sorts of places along the way.

There are spots around the east of Chiriaco Summit all the way to Prescott Valley.

Salome and east on the 60 has a lot of character and color.

West of Wickenberg is the Vulture placers area.

all along the road past Congress...

Well ... I know it is difficult to make a specific referral so I'll just have to do some research. I'm so far away from those areas. I guess I could just 'hit' the Quartzsite area again even tho it didn't treat me very good. :)

The problem in referrals these days is that dang near anything worth ones time detecting is under claim with today's high gold prices and I'd hate to point someone to a spot and get them in trouble. Used to be one could give general directions to a good area without fear of putting them on someone's claim, but that is very hard to do these days unless you are in a local club one can recommend a claim that is good....

Bill,

Thanks for the reply and I know it is 'difficult' to give general and certainly specific location advice because it is like what Chris Ralph says in his book 'Fists Full of Gold' when someone asks him about a location. He says he feels like someone is asking him for money or begging on the corner. I don't want to sound like that but I don't want to keep wasting my time either. If someone has a specific recommendation and knows they can't get back there to get the gold them self then please drop me a PM. I like the information we have shared about the Bullhead City area. I'll hit that on the way back.

Mitchel

I stopped by the QMDC site near Dome Rock and they had pushed some dirt a couple of weeks back and the club members have done well. I hear of one .5 ounce nug lots of little ones and on Monday a guy from Idaho had found his first nug. It was 9 grams. It is a good club. I wish I had gone to that dirt before. I got some nail signals and a few pieces of wire. Lots of gold in that area if you did down to it. Now the dry washers are doing it over.

Mitchel

Mitch some good advise to you would be stop wizzin around on the roads for a bit and do some research.

You will most ikely find some areas closer to your home ground that are worth investigating, with the cost of fuel today its definitely worth the research.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice Frank. I would like to have some closer places but I can drive at night and go to some of the better claims than go to the East Fork of the San Gabriel River. The local GPAA claim and adjoining claims are two hours from here. I ike Arizona better. Part of my research has me joining the WSPA. Those claims aren't exactly close to me but I want a good nugget possibility with my machines when I go out. If I knew better what to research I would do it but I still need to get out away from where my car will take me now. When I get the Trooper working again then I'll push into the backlands more than I can now. I won't get as far as you do with your quad.

On the way back from the Bradshaws I went back out to Franconia for 6 hours and 15 miles or so and then made it back to Quartzsite for 2 hours before sunset. I found objects after my training that I did not find in Quartzsite before the training so it all worked out good for the week. No gold but a good 4 days of learning the land.

Now I have more claims to check out.