Nugget Shooter Forums
jacksauto001

new and looking for help

Hello my name is Kyle and I am new to metal detecting. I have been panning in the LSD area but have only found a little here and a little there. I just picked up a super traq and am going out to the GPAA clams on Dec. 8th for a couple hours in the early morning.

Would anyone like to meet me out there and show me the ropes on metal detecting should be there at 6:30-11:30.

Thank you Kyle.  You all have some really good information on this forum looking forward to meeting some of you.

The GPAA will have their annual Stanton event next month. I think it's the weekend of the 29th. If you are new, that is the place to meet other metal detectorists and attend their workshops. Good luck! Dave

What area do you intend to hit next. I don't know a whole lot, but I can wander the desert with the best of them.

I am up for almost any area I just like to get out and have fun. I live in north phoenix at the 101 and cave creek.

Jack you already helped yourself immensely by joining up here as this set a guys will bust their butts to help aleve them horrendous newbie blues- listen and prosper-welcome aboard-John :thumbsupanim

Bill, Blake, Lon, and Mike have already emptied the LSD are of nuggets :)

Welcome aboard

Bill, Blake, Lon, and Mike have already emptied the LSD are of nuggets :)

Welcome aboard

So if I want to find anything I should be trying a different area.

J-you are gettn' a joshn' ifn ya don't already know as anyone who thinks they could empty the LSD is ON LSD :WOW: as mother natures wind,rain,gully washers and erosion are constantly exposing and concentraing more of that oro puro just for you to find-lotza luck- :4chsmu1: John

Jack

Wekcome to the forum. You have come to the right place. Read everything you can and you will learn from these guys..AZ

Jack

Wekcome to the forum. You have come to the right place. Read everything you can and you will learn from these guys..AZ

Thank you. I have been reading for the last 3 weeks and now I just need to get me some swing time. There is just so much to learn.

Jack,

I will be at Stanton Dec 21 thru Jan1. I would like to check out the LSD area as well. I am kinda new to detecting but will help you with what little I know. I only have a car so we would likely have to use your ride. PM me if you are interested in meeting and exploring the LSD.

PS... I have been detecting with Fergus... I'm sure he would like to tag along as well....

Jack,

I will be at Stanton Dec 21 thru Jan1. I would like to check out the LSD area as well. I am kinda new to detecting but will help you with what little I know. I only have a car so we would likely have to use your ride. PM me if you are interested in meeting and exploring the LSD.

Would you be able to do the 8th in the morning? I can take one person for sure or I can put the back seat in but then it can get tight.

So if I want to find anything I should be trying a different area.

No sir still lots of gold at LSD and one of my favorite spots to hunt still! Just a joke we tell about the last nugget at LSD each time one of us posts finds from there...

No sir still lots of gold at LSD and one of my favorite spots to hunt still! Just a joke we tell about the last nugget at LSD each time one of us posts finds from there...

Thanks Bill for the clarification. Can you give me any pointers for hunting that area.

Thanks Bill for the clarification. Can you give me any pointers for hunting that area.

OK. I'm the dumb one here. What does LSD stand for? Is it near Los Angeles? No wise cracks :)

You opened yourself up for a few good ones but I'll try and be nice and respond tactfully. LSD stands for 'Little Santa Dimingo' wash. It emptys out not far from where Bill lives in Morristown. It's pretty hard to score there as it has been pounded very hard in the past. The old pros still manage to get a few now and then with some good equipment. If we ever get another hundred year flood Bill might passing us by floating down the Hasayampa river he lives so close.

Old Tom

Hi ya Old Tom, Awww cut the LSD a little slack :Just_Cuz_06: I know of around 14 nuggets that have been taken out of the area in the last few weeks and the biggest was just over 1/2 ounce and found by a good bud Joe (wingnugget) here at the forum. Nothing near that big lately for this old fart, but they are still out there. You are very correct that the area offers quite the challenge and not for the impatient hunter anymore.

Wow just looked up LSD on the Sat map. It's huge!!! You could spend your life time just checking it out from one end to the other.

Or another life time finding where the gold starts!

Is this a real trashy area?

Welcome to the forum jackauto001,

Some area of the LSD can be/are kinda trashy... but you will be surprise by getting over a few hills from the camping spots and roads will do. It is kinda like hunting... most souls will not ventured more than a couple hundred yards off the road. The farther you venture out, the cleaner it get. BUT be safe! Go out with at least one other buddies. The GPAA and Road Runner Prospecting clubs both have claims in the area. It is kinda early in the weeks to know for sure But if I can make it out there on Saturday I will let you know. You or anyone can PM me and we can try to firmed up the dates... LostDutchman, I got a 2wd crewcab Silveradoo if you want to we can meet up and you can ride with me. I like going around Stanton, Vulture mine, and the LSD area. Mostly on RRPC claims, the Weaver Mining Prospecting club is very reasonable on menbership and also have some good claims in those area.

More Au to you, Robert :)

Being fairly new and still trying to find that first glimmer of yellow I get interested in the LSD area and belong to the GPAA and in their new guide on page 100 are what i think is the LSD area?? they show the claims of "Dumb Luck, AZAu, Yahoo2, #1king, Golden Dreams#A, Yahoo#4 and Vulture bait" are these all considered to be in the LSD area?

Thanks for any info on this. :D

Joe

Being fairly new and still trying to find that first glimmer of yellow I get interested in the LSD area and belong to the GPAA and in their new guide on page 100 are what i think is the LSD area?? they show the claims of "Dumb Luck, AZAu, Yahoo2, #1king, Golden Dreams#A, Yahoo#4 and Vulture bait" are these all considered to be in the LSD area?

Thanks for any info on this. :D

Joe

Yes Joe Z this is the area that we are talking about. It’s not too far of a drive from New River.

Yes Joe Z this is the area that we are talking about. It’s not too far of a drive from New River.

Thanks for the Info..... Will be up in that area with a White Suzuki Samurai w/ white top....... say hi if you see me.

Joe

Edited by Joe Z

Thanks for the Info..... Will be up in that area with a White Suzuki Samurai w/ white top....... say hi if you see me.

Joe

Sounds good I will be there around 6:30 on the 8th and I will be driving my jeep around Vulture bait. Should be coming from the same area so may see you on the road.

Going to try and get out there on the 8th so i will look for you..... by your avatar your jeep looks silver?