Nugget Shooter Forums
k9hohriver

Going to Bullhead Arizona

Driving down to Bullhead Arizona and will be staying with friends. Is there someone here that can tell me which way to go with my 5000, can hike anywhere with my two new hips! :)

k9

Plenty of area around here, off the end of El Rodeo Rd

post-1755-0-91731600-1354221276_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for the information Bucket!

If I find a nugget, I'll post here...leaving in the morning.

k9

Cool, It's a lot of work out that way, it's like everywhere else though, you gotta really get out to some of the more remote areas because the easy access areas have been pounded!! but with a 5000 you might just have what it takes, I usually drywash the gully's and there's always something there, nothing big yet but always something. Good Luck.

Thanks a lot for the information Bucket!

If I find a nugget, I'll post here...leaving in the morning.

k9

Dont know the area but.........good luck and HAVE FUN!!! :)

Tom H.

Bucket,

Can you just go anywhere out there that is not posted?

I drove the Silver Creek Road a few weeks back and took some good pictures. Can someone get out and hunt that without getting shot?

Mitchel

post-26254-0-62711800-1354244099_thumb.j

post-26254-0-13504200-1354244178_thumb.j

post-26254-0-95484400-1354244287_thumb.j

post-26254-0-77114700-1354244506_thumb.j

post-26254-0-22609100-1354244680_thumb.j

Edited by mn90403

Yeah I do, haven't seen any current claims anywhere I go, I talked with some folks that actually live by silver creek, they said that the road up along the east side of silver creek was graded by them and it was their road and they said that whole area around silver creek was open for prospecting except the big active mine at the end a mile or so up.

We go towards oatman on boundry cone road..but there is lots of washs there. follow the elec lines.. Lots of gulleys and wash's

Thanks everyone!

Do I need snake boots or are regular rubber boots good enough?? I was going to stop at Cabela's and buy a pair.

Anyway...I want to thank everyone for helping me out!

Just got a i phone 5 so I can stay in touch, I've never had a cell; just like having a computer in your pocket.

Leaving in about a hour!

k9

Well put it this way, I would hate to be the guy to tell you that since summer is over the snakes are mostly gone and then you get nailed taking my advice, My motto is always have em with you (I use snake guards) on hand and based on the terrain and the temps I'll decide whether or not to wear em. If it's wide open I might not wear em but if I'm in tight spaces and climbing or stepping over obstacles then better safe than sorry.

One summer in Bullhead we were encountering quite a few snakes a day out there, and we wanted to try and get a strike at the camera but no matter how much we prodded these things they would not strike, they would coil and rattle but would not strike, 7 days of snake encounters and not one would strike. I had one coming out of a mine while I was going in we both just froze, I tried to get him to strike but no deal, then some fool pulls up in a side by side wearing flip flops (not Pink) and goes into the mine right past where the snake was 5 min earlier. I thought for sure he'd get nailed so I started filming him...just in case. his wife even warned him not to go in with flip flops but he didn't listen, he lucked out because we managed to piss off the snake enough for it to crawl down a hole and not come back out for a while.

Anyway I don't know if I'd do the rubber boot route but snake guards or gatorz are cheap enough insurance to carry around.

Nice pictures MN90403, they certainly do look familiar!!

Thanks everyone!

Do I need snake boots or are regular rubber boots good enough?? I was going to stop at Cabela's and buy a pair.

Anyway...I want to thank everyone for helping me out!

Just got a i phone 5 so I can stay in touch, I've never had a cell; just like having a computer in your pocket.

Leaving in about a hour!

k9

Make sure you tell someone close where you are going because a cell might not work after you get there.

Rim

• Like 1

BucketEl Rodeo Rd

Now you have gone and done it. Tried to keep that section off El Rodeo Rd a secret :ROFL: . I have dug up

a few nice mini's :brows: up in that area. Lots of small Gold, drywashing. But you really have to work for it.. :miner: .

where do you get snake guards? Guess we have been lucky have not seen a snake, we are in ft Mohave, go to desert nearly every day.. good luck..

After just two or three warm days, I've seen Mr No Sholders in Jan or Feb around here.

where do you get snake guards? Guess we have been lucky have not seen a snake, we are in ft Mohave, go to desert nearly every day.. good luck..

You can get snakeguards at most all outdoor recreational supplies stores/hunting and fishing stores, i.e. Cabelas, BassProShop, etc., etc.

BucketEl Rodeo Rd

Now you have gone and done it. Tried to keep that section off El Rodeo Rd a secret :ROFL: . I have dug up

a few nice mini's :brows: up in that area. Lots of small Gold, drywashing. But you really have to work for it.. :miner: .

:25r30wi: Yea me too, but you do really have to earn it that's for sure.

I get mine at WalMart....not all carry them though.....

is that what they are called snake blockers...

is that what they are called snake blockers...

Here's what I found at Walmart's website for Snake Guard Leggings.

http://www.walmart.c...ggings/19232348

They may or may not have them in stock at your local Walmart, but you can order them online and have them shipped to your local store for pickup with no shipping charge. or just ship straight to your home but there maybe a shipping charge to ship to your address

I think Bill Southern sells those also.....

hay thanks for the info, putting a order in ,, its worth it too.. wonder if they come in different colors...

Hi everyone!

When out to El Rodeo Rd yesterday and found lots of garbage, very beautiful.

K9

Story of our lives K9

I understand that!

K9

I want you guys to know that the more I think about asking for a place to go...I now understand that no one that lives down here is going to tell me much.

Thank you to the people who have responded.

Going out to the hills in a few, haven't seen any snakes.

K9