Nugget Shooter Forums

Golden Weekend Past !

adam

The weather last weekend was incredible, and I really wish a couple others could have joined me in some drywashing , and beeping. I chose the area I would work last Friday evening, and immediately loaded 40 buckets of overburdon to run first thing Saturday morning. :fl:

40bucketrun.jpg

The first run looked good as predicted, and I was excited to run as many as I could straight away. Amazing how hard gold will make a person work. By days end on Saturday I had dug a decent hole and run a total of 100 buckets. The pay streaks were not consistent but I was anxious to get the vacuuming done Sunday morning. :brows:

gloryhole.jpg

Sunday , I was feeling the Saturdays work, however I pressed on, knowing the color should be there. I vacuumed 7 more buckets off bedrock, making a total of 107 buckets ran in one and a half days. By noon it was time to run the last bucket and circulate all my cons three or four times through the 140. It was an exhausting weekend , but I couldnt forget how Russ studmuffin handles his drywashing trips ,and I decided to follow suit in my own pile of labor. :zzzzz:

relaxing.jpg

I finally finished mini slucing and panning my take from the weekend past, and wound up with 6.36 grams for my efforts...Not to bad for 107 buckets :Diggin_a_hole:

todaystake.jpg

Impressive piles of material for 1.5 days. My favorite part is the handstacked rocks, makes it look so clean. You should add a little window to the stacked wall and put a few cacti in there. Adam you should also sample a foot or two into that bench could be another pay in there. Speaking of pay good wages for 107 buckets thats like $3.30 per bucket. Few more buckets and you could of had a 30 pack of kieth stone.

Now that my friend, is awesome!! Don't let few buckets more short you of a thirty pack of stones...you earned em!! Was that one of the areas you worked before that re-filled itself? or an altogether new area.

Wow! Great job Adam. The bigger pieces have a different appearnce than the fines. Did you detect the bigger nuggets or find them in the drywasher?

Thanks Matt,

Several of the off colored pieces were beeped with the Gold Bug.and a few were plucked out of the drywasher. So , yes they were in the good red stuff, and also have not been cleaned. The fines have been through a sluce and panned so its glittery beautiful. There are two silver crystals up top to the right as well.... :brows:

Edited by adam

Adam I am impressed too.

That is back-breaking work, I know from experience.

Your approach was so smart and organized

no wonder you found as much as you did.

I also thought your satire of Russ was perfect.

Hope you have more great hunts,

although with the hard work you put in

you are making your own luck.

Best wishes and good luck

Impressive piles of material for 1.5 days. My favorite part is the handstacked rocks, makes it look so clean. You should add a little window to the stacked wall and put a few cacti in there. Adam you should also sample a foot or two into that bench could be another pay in there. Speaking of pay good wages for 107 buckets thats like $3.30 per bucket. Few more buckets and you could of had a 30 pack of kieth stone.

Yep, Im only in training for the nationals so I havent learned advanced stacking by weilgus. I will start addind gunnery windows and bonzai planters this year....... :4chsmu1:

WOW Adam I can't remember when I was in good enough shape to dig/shovel/lift/haul all that much gravel hahahahaha :Just_Cuz_06: Ifn' I did nowadays you'd just have to bury me with the overburden you moved. Sweet :brows: righteous chunkie nuggets for sure!!! Reminds me of days of old but now detecting and dredging must suffice :old: John