Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terry Soloman

Gold Prospector Missing for Three-years Found in Superstitions

I'm with you SGT.....places like that are best seen from an airplane or Bucket and Boomers video played

in revese :25r30wi: I never would have thought of that one

Frank,

I have never read anywhere on the web that this mine has been found or cleaned out. Do you have a link to that info?

Maybe local folk should come clean if they did find it, so no more lifes will perish. But I seriously believe it has never been found.

desertusa is where I found all the pictures. The guy that posted them definitely knows that area like the back of his hand.

The area I would like to look at is this whole section. The balloon should be Weavers Needle. But the cords don't match correctly. The last digits in Weavers W cord should be 13" but it clearly shows on the map it's 15". Wish I knew how many square miles are in this image. Also I wish someone could pull up Weavers Needle image so I can compare the 2 images to make sure the one I have is correct. I'm not the brightest at doing this stuff.

I think the cheapest and safest way in is by helicopter. That way I could pick a good camping spot from the air. Then tell the pilot what day to come back and pick me up. And if i'm not there when he comes back, he needs to call 911 asap.

lol!

Rim

post-26159-0-53071000-1354296004_thumb.j

Rim start with 2 books by jack Carlson. Superstition wilderness trails east and SW trails west. They are the best guide for all the trails and give a history of each area. The Superstition museum has copies

480-983-4888. Read the lost Dutchman mine forum In oct they have the Dutch hunter rendezvous at Dons camp. All the nutballs gather and you can meet and talk to the experts. Though not a dhunter i attend. I enjoy talking to them. The only way into the area is on foot or partway by horse. No helo's landing

No helo's? Awe man that changes everything. I'll have to re-think this again..So I guess Jack looked for the mine too?

Talking to Jack I believe he is into hiking. You need both books. If you want to read the best book on the history of the search my friend Dr Thomas Glover wrote. The Lost Dutchman mine of Jacob Waltz. Part1, the golden dream.

Keep something in mind. I can see the Superstitions from my house. I'm friends with most of the experts who have searched for years

You don't see me searching for the LDM nor will I.

I try to learn from others mistakes and follow the advice of my friends. I told you the gold is under Bills shoe. That's the best place to look.

I had one of these for a few year!

This would work to look around.

No Ticket needed for a Single Seat.

Homefire , they need a beer cooler on that rig ! :2drink:

Hey Rim , Dont sweat it man.....Hundreds of people hike all over that range every year. The only ones that make the news are usually the out of shape, soda drinking, treasure seekers. Those hills dont look that tough to me . Heck a friend and I had a couple big canyon hikes over the last year that would rival that place. You know what , I think I will join the volunteer Search & Rescue teams and help them find these people when they get lost or otherwise..

Reality is, that the geology favors gold more to the eas...... :duc:

Adam I don't think he is talking about taking a hike. A hike for you could be a disaster for a newbie. When I last spoke to Tom K he told me he was working on a new book. A book listing all those who died in the superstitions. He was up to 5000.

SGTFDA-- People underestimate nature/land and overestimate their abilities. I've paid plenty of stupid tax myself.

Buddy system is always best--- but I understand the desire to strike out by oneself.

Mike--- good times indeed. My cousin was a Navy Seal--- one day he headed up to the northwoods and haven't seen or heard from him since.

Here's 4 pretty good pictures of how tuff it is near weavers needle. I kinda broke a sweat looking at them. :tisk-tisk:

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&q=weavers+needle&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x872bcecfce524ee1:0xb07f62894f5cf0cb,Weavers+Needle&gl=us&sa=X&ei=XfK4UL-QKYas2gXiuYHQDA&ved=0CIcBELYD

If you move your mouse in the black on left side you should see the rest of the pics.

The problem is Dutch hunters think the mine is off the trail out in the bush up the side of a cliff. You only see it when your on the ledge leaning over. This is how they get in trouble. That is how Jesse ended up down that hole. Picture yourself upside down stuck between the rocks. For 2 years. # 2 reason a gun is a good idea.

Rim that is the easy hiking spot

Personally, I don't believe the Lost Dutchmans Mine even exists but that's another story... :Just_Cuz_06:

Steve

Steve,

I think it's still there and has gone untouched for many years. But a lot of truth has been tarnished by lies through the years past.

And I think the longer it goes unfound, the less likely it will ever be found. And eventially the myth or truth will fade away forever.

http://superstitionmountainmuseum.org/exhibits/the-jacob-waltz-lost-dutchman-exhibit/

Jacob Waltz was a real person. He was born in Germany and came to the US and was a miner/prospector. He mined from east coast all the way to the west coast, but later came back to Arizona where he later died. These are all pretty much facts about the man. So with that said, there is a chance he might have located some rich gold source in or around the Superstition Mountain.

Hard to say if the rest of the story (stories) are true or not.

Rim

A Dutch hunter is born!

Frank, don't egg him on. I've already seen enough dead bodies from those mountains... and those are from folks with whom I never interacted. Don't want to see one of someone I did give two shakes about.

I love about 7 miles as the crow flies from the eastern flank. And I won't go in there further than Hieroglyph Canyon. which is awesome, I must say.

Would like to get Bucket and Boomer to come along too. I think we would have a blast....lol! That way they could video and if we get lost all we got to do is play the video in reverse...haha!!!

Rim

:laught16: :laught16: Count us in Rimmy!! Although you don't know my camera man very well, but we'll remind him to take the lens cover off this time!! :brows:

Oh yea.....another Bucket DeMills in the planning stages :yesss:

:laught16: :laught16: Count us in Rimmy!! Although you don't know my camera man very well, but we'll remind him to take the lens cover off this time!! :brows:

LMAO Bucket! That would be a great idea!!! haha! I noticed there are some street's just s of Supe. Look's like about 6 mile hike east then turn north for about 8 miles and we should be at the needle (as the crow flys so add a few miles lol). Really the canyon to the east side of needle is where i'd like to look.

Jacob could see the afternoon sunlight shining in his cave. And he could also see the needle from his cave. His mine was in the gulley or canyon between weavers needle and the cave he lived in. I get the impression his mine wasn't cut into the side of anything but was dug almost straight down.

But man a helicopter should would be nice for these old bones... :yesss:

Rim don't believe all that needle crap. It came from the Holmes Manuscript of which Holmes said he did not write. A man on his death bed dying from a lung issue won't be talking. I read the manuscript and its a fairy tale. 8 miles in the mountains is not 8 miles. You go up and down the mountain a few extra miles. The problem is carrying enough water if your not being packed in. Then you have the thousands who searched before you. Some their whole lives. Read the LDM forum. It was found and not where you think.

Frank,

I've been reading that forum, but they still talking like it hasn't been found. :idunno: I got that info off of Charles Higham map.

And what about the old water hole?

This water hole.

"My mine is in a canyon, running north and south. Across from my mine is my cave. The afternoon sun shines into my cave. From my cave I can see Weaver's Needle. My shaft goes down on a vein 18 inches thick. I watered my burros at the old water hole. I covered my mine from all miners. So said the Dutchman in 1889 - "

Supposedly there is a spring on the back side of Bluff Spring Mountain. Well at least it shows one on his map.

Rim

Thus why the LDM will remain lost forever. It could have been found a hundred times but the Dutch hunters will refuse to believe it.

The LDM legend is bogus Jacob was a highgrader from northern Arizona mines.

Makes me wonder how many years it'll take'm to find my rotting ol'carcass when the crawdads,invertabrates,snails and fishies are done :thumbsupanim Great way to die :yesss: doing what ya coveth the most and mo'power to'm---John :old:

My son Josh and I in the Superstition Mountain. Where really men go.lol

post-184-0-58416900-1355006867_thumb.jpg