Nugget Shooter Forums

Delete posts after posting

Morning Bill, Is it possible for a poster to delete a post after it has been posted. I've spent quite a bit a time lately trying to get one deleted but NOT a puter person?? Something I missed on here or ? thanx much for all you do here and for putting up with all-John

The other thing you can do is to hit the edit button and delete the original words

and replace them with 'post removed by author' or something like that...

I think that works on this forum.

Does that work after you post the post?

Does that work after you post the post?

One way to find out Don, just look for the edit button.

You has a Moderator should be able to edit at any time, I'm not sure about a regular member, we need a regular member to confirm if that is possible.

The thing about being a Administrator or Moderator is that we see the options we have but can't tell what options a regular member has since when we log-in to the forum we see only our staff related options.

At one time in the past I create/registered a regular member's profile on another computer for myself to try and solve an issue that a regular member was having for that very reason, but after finding a solution I deleted that profile, maybe I should create another "test" profile to keep around when questions as this arises, the only problem I have is my older computer I used to create that profile is now gone, and I don't know if I can do it and have 2 profiles with the same IP address on the same computer I used now.

I have to try it later and see if it will work, hmmm, I guess I have to create another email address as well, I don't remember how I did it last time I think I used my wife's email.

Skip

Yea Skip I can edit and mess things up good but I don't know if a member can do that.....

Before you start messing with your wife's email remember what happened the other day...LOL

I'm still trying to figure out how to use Photobucket....the latest version....

I can edit my post close to 4 hrs after I post I think. But not sure exactly how long. But if I start a post, I can never change the title of the post.

Rim

I can edit my post close to 4 hrs after I post I think. But not sure exactly how long. But if I start a post, I can never change the title of the post.

Rim

That is true, if anyone needs to have the title of a topic edited, they would have to contact one of the Administrators.

Rim

After I post the edit button doesn't show active, unless I put the mouse over it.

(Edit; after clicking post here, went to check but my mouse was already over edit when I looked. There is no delete post option.)

You have to be a subscribed member to have the edit own post or delete own post option....

Otherwise you need to contact an administrator with a good reason it needs to be removed and most times if others have added content it will stay unless some sort of extreme circumstance or violates our guidelines.

Some of these newer forums allow a checkbox option in edit to delete the entire post.

Hi Red, this is indeed a newer foru and running the newest software available today as we update often.

The delete or edit option is only available with a reply, once a post is made and the thread becomes active it can not be removed except by administration. Subscribed members have more options, but not to delete a thread....

This keeps folks from making posts and changing what was said after a thread has started to cause trouble or deny saying something later. Best to think before posting :4chsmu1:

If ya dwell on it for a bit you will see why most if not all forums are set up this way.