Nugget Shooter Forums

Minelabbing Today at San Domingo

Nugget Shooter

Man what a perfect day to be out in the Arizona desert with my trusty GPX 5000 and the Coiltek Blitz Coil. I went back to a spot that had produced a few last week and I was happily surprised with 3 nice nuggets. Here is the first one fresh from it's hole...

2012-11-24_09-44-22_408.jpg

Here are all 3 on my tailgate

2012-11-24_11-53-45_128.jpg

Hope some of you other hunters scored as well!

Great job Bill. I'm glad to see your skill was rewarded once again.

And you're right about a perfect day. I'm headed out shortly to take a look at an area nearby that had claims years ago.

I tried e mailing you, but it came back. Did you remember to forward the magazine?

Patrick.....

Yes!

Thats what im talking about :)

Looks like a good weekend for both of us.

Glad you got out and got some.

Couple of grams? Bet it paid for the gas for the next 4 trips.....

Tom H.

Yes!

Thats what im talking about :)

Looks like a good weekend for both of us.

Glad you got out and got some.

Couple of grams? Bet it paid for the gas for the next 4 trips.....

Tom H.

Yes paid for gas Tom total weight was 2.2.... Think I'll go back out tomorrow and try a different spot since I have this little patch pretty cleaned out now, but surly more in the area. Many folks hate hunting LSD, but I love the place and have done well there over the years.

Bill,

Very nice finds, the weather has been awesome this weekend out here, perfect detecting weather. Thanks for sharing.

Dave.

Yes paid for gas Tom total weight was 2.2.... Think I'll go back out tomorrow and try a different spot since I have this little patch pretty cleaned out now, but surly more in the area. Many folks hate hunting LSD, but I love the place and have done well there over the years.

Sweeeet....got about 80 bucks!

Oh Bill..............get the shovel out...dig off all the overburden and pop a few more! :) Tons of exercise!

Or, im thinking........go way up on the gain/stab....creep along....

Why do most people not like LSD? Ive never been there...is it a hot area?... but it cant be "hotter" then where I hunt?

I have to read through the hot crap to hear the good stuff.

Most likely your tuned into the area and will do great :)

Hope you get lots more on your next trip :)

Tom H.

Not much overburden Tom it is a slope with exposed bedrock that the gold bearing material has washed off of over the years and most targets are near surface or down several inches or so on top of the decomposing bedrock. Pretty easy stuff to work actually.... Folks don't like it because there are too many one nugget patches and they are hard to find I guess, like you said once tuned in....

Frank and I were out there, too. We held the skunk back and let all the other folks have at it today :)

You passed right by my truck on the way home. Surprised I didn't have some sort of twisted gift LOL

Good job on scoring a few nugs. all I scored was realizing I've got a blown shock on my rhino. Freakin money pit... it's getting there fast

Frank, I have one... it's in pieces and has been for 7 years thanks to my other money pit... 6 yo daughter.

Yeah, there were a TON of people there. Lots of all sorts of outings. And lets not forget the squatter snowbirds.

Never seen so many folks out there. And the weather was Freakin gorgeous !!

Not much overburden Tom it is a slope with exposed bedrock that the gold bearing material has washed off of over the years and most targets are near surface or down several inches or so on top of the decomposing bedrock. Pretty easy stuff to work actually.... Folks don't like it because there are too many one nugget patches and they are hard to find I guess, like you said once tuned in....

Ur on it...keep your tune...and go get it! :)

Good Luck to you out there.

Tom H.