Nugget Shooter Forums

So my sons want to learn how to prospect for gold...

Guest goldstudmuffin

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi Bill and All,

I have tried to discourage my 4 sons from chasing gold for the last 20 years like their Dad and Uncle Scott do. With gold reaching $1700 and ounce and threatening to go higher they finally talked me into teaching them how to find gold. I already gave them the if you think your going to get rich talk, and the gold fever talk, and family and jobs come first talk... gold hunting is just a hobby talk.

So I agreed I'll teach them how to metal detect for gold and take them to some nugget patches but first they need to learn how to use a pick and shovel and a drywasher just like their Uncle Scott and their Dad did. The boys want to start off find big honkers like Dad but I told tthem they need to put in their dues and learn the very basics about gold first.

HERE'S A PICTURE OF THEIR FIRST GOLD LESSON WITH A DRYWASHER... hehe!

post-86-0-16621200-1353182636_thumb.jpg

post-86-0-96029200-1353182697_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

:Just_Cuz_06: DISCOURAGE???? Why??? My son used his finds from metal detecting at the parks,beaches and hills to buy his first highbanker/dredge at 5 1/2 :thumbsupanim . As a kid he was brought along everywhere as I was a single Pop since he was 9 months old and I held free classes to all who bought units almost daily as biz was in the OC by the beaches galore. I must admit his Tesoro detector was a xmas gift and since I manufactured the HB units as part of my product line he did get the family steal of a deal. BUT independence taught at such a early age,along with tenacity,patience and work ethics has indeed paid off righteously :4chsmu1: Spread the fever to one and all as even regulated to high heaven--or LL --stilll cool-John

post-23710-0-01877000-1353240909_thumb.j

Thank you very much Bill as life was indeed a bowl of cherries in them days. Tons a gold from the beaches,deserts,mountains,barely any restrictions,zillions a customers and dealers keeping us busy 24/7. Had to sell out and go back to mining as that's my true calling and son at 5 was learning how to steal,lie,make punjab sticks from all the Nam kiddies. Got tired of having to carry a kg99 everywhere. I like your store also and MUCH respect for trying to service folks needs when I do believe you'd MUCH rather be out there doing what your REAL passion seems to be...gold grubbn' :4chsmu1: John

Guest goldstudmuffin

:Just_Cuz_06: DISCOURAGE???? Why??? My son used his finds from metal detecting at the parks,beaches and hills to buy his first highbanker/dredge at 5 1/2 :thumbsupanim . As a kid he was brought along everywhere as I was a single Pop since he was 9 months old and I held free classes to all who bought units almost daily as biz was in the OC by the beaches galore. I must admit his Tesoro detector was a xmas gift and since I manufactured the HB units as part of my product line he did get the family steal of a deal. BUT independence taught at such a early age,along with tenacity,patience and work ethics has indeed paid off righteously :4chsmu1: Spread the fever to one and all as even regulated to high heaven--or LL --stilll cool-John

Their Mother was very protective of our children and she was afraid that the boys might get "damaged" hanging around a bunch of old prosprctors.

:ROFL: say what? :cry2: womens........ :idunno: can't live without'm....... :grr01: can't seem to live with'm either :nutty: . I have 6 grandkids and 2 daughter in laws :2mo5pow: and they DO like to control all facets of them gkids lives :barnie: My most vexing is my single now daughter and her 2 as this is the rule a the day :duc: or my access goes away :smack: nuttn' but total respect to all the gpas out there who continue to try and enrich their lives :shake2: and try to agree to disagree for the gkids sake :old: John--PS bill-thanx for the new emoticons as sooooooo much fun on a cold rainy morning.... :zzzzz: