Nugget Shooter Forums

Scored a 2.5 dwt nugget today

Guest goldstudmuffin

Guest goldstudmuffin

I had to go to Needles Ca today, and stoped at a nugget patch I found last spring. I only hunted an hour or so, I mainly wanted to stop and try out Mike K new coil stablizer. My 3500 ran very quiet and very stable, in fact I found a nice chunky 2.5 dwt nugget that was just a whisper in some ground I've hunted many times.

I'm always looking for any little advantage to help me find more gold and I think this stablizer helped quiet my detector just enough to find this nugget today that I've missed on many previous trips to this patch. This coil stablizer is a little different than the others I've seen and seems to work better, a better mouse trap!

Great job Mike K... I'm impressed with the quality and design of your new coil stablizer, Thank you!

post-86-0-78051800-1353040073_thumb.jpg

post-86-0-55723000-1353040102_thumb.jpg

Yo Russ .. Was that in the Chemahuavis placers area, south of Topock?; I've talked to some old timers who hunted that area and there was some big gold that came out of there... It's great to see you posting again ... Are you and Scotty getting out much? ... Cheers, Unc

What is a coil stabilizer? I mean, I understand this one is secret in testing right now but you mentioned it's better than other stabilizers. Are they a mechanical device to secure the cable and coil better or is it some sort of digitial signal processing or noise filter add on?

Great find :head: .Amazing how much even little nuggets are worth at todays insane prices as $1720 divided by 20=$86 X 2.5 dwt =$215 at spot today :ROFL: amazing :brows: absolutely righteously amazing. When I think of all the poundage in the past 55+ years that I sold for $45 to under a $1,000 an oz :vomit-smiley-011[1]: o well all my trucks,houses,cars,vacations(even paid for last son birth in Reno with gold) are golden but jus' lookn' back :old: o crappola what a great ride.....but :nutty: ... now all my dredges a rusting away as no more dredging EVER :200: as we old dogs fade to black-John

Sorry Frank, no pics allowed . My field testers are testing them and if they think its a winner then I will decide how to go about this venture .

I wanna field test it, heck got to see it..... Just kidding unless you take me seriously.

Great find :head: .Amazing how much even little nuggets are worth at todays insane prices as $1720 divided by 20=$86 X 2.5 dwt =$215 at spot today :ROFL: amazing :brows: absolutely righteously amazing. When I think of all the poundage in the past 55+ years that I sold for $45 to under a $1,000 an oz :vomit-smiley-011[1]: o well all my trucks,houses,cars,vacations(even paid for last son birth in Reno with gold) are golden but jus' lookn' back :old: o crappola what a great ride.....but :nutty: ... now all my dredges a rusting away as no more dredging EVER :200: as we old dogs fade to black-John

I hope by some miracle, you get to knock the rust of that dredge John :yesss:

Guest goldstudmuffin

Thanks guys!!!

That's a beauty Russ. Maybe that stabilizer will flush some more of those honkers.

Thanks Slim, I sure hope your right about more honkers! Well now you know where the honker patch is... somewhere between Phoenix and Needles.

Yo Russ .. Was that in the Chemahuavis placers area, south of Topock?; I've talked to some old timers who hunted that area and there was some big gold that came out of there... It's great to see you posting again ... Are you and Scotty getting out much? ... Cheers, Unc

No Unc, I have hunted the Chemahuavis placers and did find nice nuggets there but this patch is in west central Az. Scott and I haven't been hunting at all, he's always tied up with work and my other partner died of lung cancer.

What is a coil stabilizer? I mean, I understand this one is secret in testing right now but you mentioned it's better than other stabilizers. Are they a mechanical device to secure the cable and coil better or is it some sort of digitial signal processing or noise filter add on?

Jason, it's just a gadget that keeps the coil cable where it plugs into the control box from any movement. I was skeptical of these at first but they do work.

Thanks guys!!!

Thanks Slim, I sure hope your right about more honkers! Well now you know where the honker patch is... somewhere between Phoenix and Needles.

No Unc, I have hunted the Chemahuavis placers and did find nice nuggets there but this patch is in west central Az. Scott and I haven't been hunting at all, he's always tied up with work and my other partner died of lung cancer.

Jason, it's just a gadget that keeps the coil cable where it plugs into the control box from any movement. I was skeptical of these at first but they do work.

So the premise is that in swinging and banging and bumping the detector while searching, loosens up the connection and therefore introducing noise and false signals. This device supports that connection and makes for less background and false signals? Interesting, seems plausible and you can't argue with great results..... Good health and good hunting

Sorry Frank, no pics allowed . My field testers are testing them and if they think its a winner then I will decide how to go about this venture .

Well Russ its good that you realized that little tweek about the coil wire connection.

As many have in the past there are many solutions to improving that area of the Minelab control boxes.

Especially if you are prone to changing coils quite often as I am.

I have not only contended with the wire stabilization as it exits the box but I also have come up with an added improvement that really works well and goes along with that area of improvement.

One day when we meet up again I will shown you it.

But I can't mention it online here or anywhere else as it too is TOP SECRET.

Its not a plastic improvement either like most everything is today.

Good Luck an Hapy Huntn.

Guest goldstudmuffin

Well Russ its good that you realized that little tweek about the coil wire connection.

As many have in the past there are many solutions to improving that area of the Minelab control boxes.

Especially if you are prone to changing coils quite often as I am.

I have not only contended with the wire stabilization as it exits the box but I also have come up with an added improvement that really works well and goes along with that area of improvement.

One day when we meet up again I will shown you it.

But I can't mention it online here or anywhere else as it too is TOP SECRET.

Its not a plastic improvement either like most everything is today.

Good Luck an Hapy Huntn.

Hi Frank,

I know you'd like to see a picture of Mike's coil stabilizer or know how it works. But someone will copy it if a picture is put up on the internet.

My brother Scott was having fits for several detecting trips with his 3500, it was making irregular noises all the time and we couldn't figure out the problem. He was ready to send it back to Ishmal Jones for repair and Mike sugget he try one of his old coil stabilizer and it fixed it and hasn't had a problem sence.

I'm always interested in any improvements... I would love to see how you have improved your detector Frank.

Russ

Guest goldstudmuffin

So the premise is that in swinging and banging and bumping the detector while searching, loosens up the connection and therefore introducing noise and false signals. This device supports that connection and makes for less background and false signals? Interesting, seems plausible and you can't argue with great results..... Good health and good hunting

Yes and The shaft itself will flex with a bigger coil when you change sweep directions.

Yes and The shaft itself will flex with a bigger coil when you change sweep directions.

is this condition primarily for Minelabs using large coils, or is it something that can be a problem with all detectors???? My GMT sometimes has some what seems extra background chatter and I am wondering if this could be the cause of it. Thanks in advance.

When using larger coils you have a much larger footprint both below AND above the coil. To help eliminate quite a bit of interference-aka chater/churp/etc simply move the coil wires up the shaft to get the coils of wire as far away from the monster coil as possible. Them bign'ns also read the metal shafts-on units with metal--and replacing with plastics/fiberglas/composites,whatever also improves performance. Ever see a metal screw utilized to hold a coil to the shaft :nutty: yet another problem as many other non metalic available also. Don't forget them big old steel toed clodhoppers folks like to use to kick rocks,dig holes and kick trash/debris outta the way also :tisk-tisk: sooo much to eliminate :head: but them sweeeet sounds of them righteous nuggets are thusly much easier to find-John :yesss: