Nugget Shooter Forums

Well I went to the gun shop and ended up buying a P-64 Makarov and then got a Mossberg 600 12ga.

Took the Makarov out an shot it today.....shot very accurate.....I am very happy.

Well actually the P-64 is a Polish gun designed to shoot a 9X18 Makarov cartridge. And not to be confused with Makarov pistols made in Russia. The 9X18 is a little more powerful than it's cousin the 9X17 (380 acp). Both guns are well made and great for concealed carry.

post-26159-0-37344000-1352945034_thumb.j

... and be sure not to try 9x19 Luger (aka 9mm Parabellum; aka 9 mm NATO) which is yet slightly more powerful than the already mentioned 9x17 and 9x18. One must be sure what 9mm round their handgun uses as they can be confusing the first time you see so many flavors on the gun shop shelves.

Mike F

I know about the 9mm differences.....I only own the makarov (9x18).

Trying to find my cameras to get some pics.

Took the shotgun (newhaven by Mossberg) out and run up a covey of quail, missed the first shot but got 2 with the next 2 shots.

Now I got to figure how to get the plug out so it will hold more than 2 in the tube.

Rick if I remember my sons Mossberg 500 12 guage pump, assuming your shotgun is a pump as well, there is a cap at the end of the mag tube. There is a small dowel stick in there ... just remove it and screw the tube cover back. Be sure to put it back if you go after migratory birds as the federal limit is 3 rounds as I'm sure you know anyway.

Not a dfficult operation unless the cap is stuck by rust or cross threading.

Mike F

The only differences between the 600 and the 500 are that the 600 has an anti-rattle magazine and a firing pin spring. Hope this helps some. Anything you can do to one you can do to the other.

Love that Makarov ... Bro in law has one and it is one sweet shooting, accurate firearm! ... J&G Sales in Prescott has them on sale now for $199 ... Cheers, Unc