Nugget Shooter Forums

what rocks or minerals can be found in or around quartizite az

I am looking into going to Blythe,Ca ... what are the minerals that you can find there. I saw one that was silvery and different colors of the rainbow... Do you know if Tom wells road has and Minerals there if so what do i look for.. ?

Near Quartzsite,

I have found Acicular Malachite, hematite crystals, zunyite, Gold, Quartz crystals with Schorl tourmaline inclusions, and most recently druze quartz covering chrysocolla, or maybe smithsonite.

Get a rockhound book for Arizona, and that will help you .

Near Quartzsite,

I have found Acicular Malachite, hematite crystals, Quartz crystals with Schorl tourmaline inclusions, and most recently druze quartz covering chrysocolla, or maybe smithsonite.

Get a rockhound book for Arizona, and that will help you .

I wondered when you would chime in, you have shown some real keepers Adam

ok ok, will try and find the book ,but also another ? does anyone know if the geode bed road whiley road is open yet. was there last month and they would not let us go back the rv camp..

Went to geode beds and could find nothing.. but went down the whiley road and found lots of fire stone.. guess I dont know what i am looking for as per say the geodes....will try payson when the snow doesnt fly..

You can also find geodes over on Saddle mountain south of l-10

Went to geode beds and could find nothing.. but went down the whiley road and found lots of fire stone.. guess I dont know what i am looking for as per say the geodes....will try payson when the snow doesnt fly..

My suggestion is to join a local rock club. http://www.rockhound...s/arizona.shtml

You'll learn a lot more with others then going at it alone. Or at least contact a few clubs and ask for some tips on where to go. Maybe you can get together with others on a field trip..

Steve