• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found near the source.....

Dragon nugget 36.2 grams

The Picture is aweful, I`m sorry.   But you certainly get the idea. One of the most cubed pieces I ever found. Sold long ago...

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Mike, no it's an old find...its an odd looking piece. To me it looks like one of those pampered pooches. One day I am going to have a jeweler put in some precious stones it, like diamonds and rubies and make it into a pendent. Than sell it to one of those high society ladies at a dog show, next time I go down to L.A.

Edited by Relichunter2

When I get back we're going to have to find some time to hit some new spots...it might be a while before i get back though. My dad is in remission and might have 6 month to a year! Maybe better, well see. Talk to you later Fred.

Okey Mike, EagleDown has stopped by the shop a few times to say hello. He has been out with Charles a few times, drywashing. Take care of yourself and your dad. That damned cancer is hitting many over here in our part of town, four friends of mine have it and are doing battle with it one way or another.

• 3 weeks later...

post-58-0-49653700-1384224656_thumb.jpgHave been lucky enough to trip over a couple nice pretty pieces. One which brought good memories was from Rich Hill. Can't remember exact year (2004???). Area where the oreo nugget came from and Tomonamission found a nice one. I was given a hint and checked it out. Trashy area, hunted the bushes as usual. Got a loud signal, a shot gun shell- damnn! Kicked it and swung over area again, still a target- 3-5" down a pretty one! 18.2 DWT specimen! Pic below.

Two points to this post.

You can't do it every time (you'd wear your leg out!) but in trashy areas don't be afraid to kick a target away and recheck the swing area. I have found some beautiful pieces because others didn't. This was one.

Second point this cold be yours! You like getting out detecting? Future is grimm :-(

It'd be great if we could get all the fishermen, 4wd'r, bikers, hunters, miners together to fight the enviormentalist, but it's tough! I donated it to PLP for their raffle cause I believe they are our only chance. Check them out, send them a couple of bucks! Much better prizes, but not from the heart as mine, and trust me, this is my best from RH!

Shep

• 3 weeks later...

Not my find. A truly rare combination

crystal.jpg

Edited by El Dorado
  • Like 1

Bill,

What is the matrix with that piece? We have some very red waxy looking material in our intrusion zone here.

Appears to be iron oxide, but where the other closeup cam from there was a red greasy material present though not sure what it was. After working the dump all day it was all over us and hard to wash off....

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Frank,

A lot of us know that many nuggets are born like this. Unfortunately by the time we usually get to them they are already rounded & pounded from getting tossed around in gullies. Boulder dash and I were lucky enough to save them from that eminent disaster :head:

Edited by adam