Nugget Shooter Forums

Did a bit better today

Nugget Shooter

But also worked longer, put in about 4 hours or better for this and quite happy with today's take. The gold is petering out now though and only a few feet of wash left to work sadly as it is a very short piddler wash into a larger one. I also have a question, any ideas on the grey material? Not brittle and flattens when hit with a hammer and near as heavy as the gold in the pan. Now I at first ignored it as lead scraps, but it comes with the gold in many different areas at San Domingo and just doesn't seem likely it would be from bullets etc. though I suppose possible...

2012-11-11_14-36-25_469.jpg

2012-11-11_14-36-10_968.jpg

Nice looking cleanup Bill..... :brows: Hope it warmed up a bit over there...

Yeah Adam it got all the way up to 64 degrees, but was perfect for throwing dirt and swinging the pick :miner: I have tomorrow off so just may hit it again while the dirt is so dry out there.

But also worked longer, put in about 4 hours or better for this and quite happy with today's take. The gold is petering out now though and only a few feet of wash left to work sadly as it is a very short piddler wash into a larger one. I also have a question, any ideas on the grey material? Not brittle and flattens when hit with a hammer and near as heavy as the gold in the pan. Now I at first ignored it as lead scraps, but it comes with the gold in many different areas at San Domingo and just doesn't seem likely it would be from bullets etc. though I suppose possible...

2012-11-11_14-36-25_469.jpg

2012-11-11_14-36-10_968.jpg

Bill it's Black Gold!!!

Yeah, Bill, that sure looks like lead ... That was the bane off my existence years ago when I was running the Double Eagle gold recovery lab ... We had a huge Cat battery blow up in the pit and when I would smelt the fines, they came up gray ... It was a bitch ... Went through a lot of bone cuples and still the gold was polluted ... I'd send off d'ore bars to the refiners and get back about 1/3 of the weight ... Lead sucks! ... Congrats on the gold finds ... Looks like a few detectable pieces in there ... Cheers, Unc