Nugget Shooter Forums

Veteran's Day - a deep bow to the real hero's in our country

FlakMagnet

Yo Flak,

I live in an apartment, and I was able to fly my 3 x 5 flag faced down but with the union to the left as it should be . It was all I could do.....I appreciate the fredom I have today due to our hero`s of the past, and hero`s that fight for us today....

Flag.jpg

God Bless the United States of America, and all of my Brother and Sister Veterans and their Families. Thank you for your sacrifices and love of Country. May God keep all of our Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Coast Guardsmen in harm's way. - Terry US Army 1973-'76

Last night Mrs. El Dorado and myself went to enjoy a meal at Applebees. What a great time and meal, it was. They never even asked for military ID or proof (both of us had our military ID's). When we asked why they did not ask we were told at this restaurant, they decided to just honor any request for a free meal. I was impressed, but the lady we spoke with also said it was the absolute best day all year at the restaurant and the whole staff looks forward to that day like it was Christmas. It is also the most crowded day in the year for them and they were extremely busy, but took the time to thank each and every Vet in addition to the meal. Made me really feel appreciated for my service.

I wish to thank each and everyone of them from the dishwashers to the CEO for their grateful gift to our Vets and serving soldiers!.......

• Like 1

My flag always flies upside down as still waitn' for the remains of a few high school friends who went MIA in that cesspool called Nam. And let us not forget our new crop of MIAs in Irag,Afghanistan and the other festering raghead CENSORED $hatholes-John

John

Vietnam is far form a cesspool, it is one of the most beautiful countries I have ever been in and it's people fantastic. You drank too much of the Kool Aid back in the 60's. Vietnam was a just war and I am proud to have been one of the soldiers that sacrificed 3 years of my life in order to try to prevent a brutal communist take over. I would do it all over in a heartbeat. It's a crime the politicians and press prevented us from finishing our mission, we were just a breath away from the North surrendering.

Hate nam-never drank kool-aid-I ALWAYS respect Nam viets above all others for the simple reason. They were sold out,screwed over,villified as criminals,and used/abused/spit on as baby killers. NO PARADES, acculades,no heros just ungodly abuse from those who should have welcomed them home with open arms and NOT hate. You got me wrong man-many of my Nam buddies have returned to try and finally bury the demons,respect and honor their fallen comrades and my BROTHER RIP was one soooo not only no but LL no. John