Nugget Shooter Forums
bigrex

1 LB. NUGGET Recent NV Find

Steve, somewhere in northern CA near NV border

Wow thats the stuff dreams are made of!

I used to frequently walk by reversed signals until one turned out to be a nugget. While digging it I was 100% convinced it was a piece of trash but I'm happy to admit I was totally wrong. Lesson learned... Best bet is to dig ALL signals!

Steve, somewhere in northern CA near NV border

Nope

OK, can someone tell me where those photos were taken?

Steve,

I checked out your photos using an online photo analyzer as well as a few other recent photos here on the forums and there isn't any GPS data encrypted in the photos I checked out. :idunno:

But I would guess those photos were taken in a gold bearing area of the western USA!!

Skip

Skip, you got the location dead on!. I took those photos with my iPhone with location services on ( I was also using the GPS in the phone at that time). Guess it is harder than people thought about extracting that info from a smart phone picture. I was not to worried because the picture was taken pretty far from the find site.

Steve,

From what I've learned checking out this subject, is that when a photo is resized it's hard to get all of the info that the camera/phone captures, and I have yet to find a photo on any gold forum that has any GPS data, I think that the forum's format when downloading an image removes most of the data, which I believe is the reason I couldn't find the data from your photos, I could be wrong in this assumption.

I have checked out photos on about 10 different gold forums so far and as yet haven't seen any GPS data.

But I would still advise that disabling/removing the GPS function/data is best before posting photos.

As far as my guessing the location of the photos, is was just a lucky guess!! :4chsmu1:

Skip

I'm guessing those photos were taken within a 2 hour drive from Reno. :)

Mine was only a guess, too. Forgot this little guy :)

Steve,

From what I've learned checking out this subject, is that when a photo is resized it's hard to get all of the info that the camera/phone captures, and I have yet to find a photo on any gold forum that has any GPS data, I think that the forum's format when downloading an image removes most of the data, which I believe is the reason I couldn't find the data from your photos, I could be wrong in this assumption.

I have checked out photos on about 10 different gold forums so far and as yet haven't seen any GPS data.

But I would still advise that disabling/removing the GPS function/data is best before posting photos.

As far as my guessing the location of the photos, is was just a lucky guess!! :4chsmu1:

Skip

Skip, Pictures have not been re-sized, but maybe when they go through Photobucket something happens there......... I emailed them to myself so I could put them in my home computer (Picasa) from the iPhone, then uploaded them direct to photo bucket..... I do take a lot of photos from my iPhone, some I definitely do not want to give way any GPS info on so I am interested in this.

Hi all,

The discussion as to where this photo may have been taken, is fun, and speculation can take you to many possible places.

My guess is that judging from the newly pressed pants one gentleman was wearing (the finder) and knowing where the guy doing all the talking lives, is that the photo was taken at a convenient location near where the "talker" lives, for the photo op, that just happens to include a slope, sagebrush, etc, to give the appearance that it is place the fine nugget was found. I really doubt if that IS the place the nugget was found, for several reasons, I shall not delve into here.

I suspect that in time the location the nugget was found will percolate up, but for now, it is great to salivate, and contemplate the weight and mass that holding that chunka heavy metal must be like.

Have a great day!

Oh yeah... here is the other side:

http://photo-001.jpg

what I want to know is did it go beep beep or ZINGGGGGGGGGGG! new at prospecting...

Hi Steve,

The first thing with keeping your photo's free of gps data on your iPhone,

which you probably know,

is to go into 'Settings' - and turn 'Location Services' off.

Of course if you are using a gps in it too, then it's kind of counter-productive.

All the best

Thank you very much Au Seeker as experienced,seen,heard and way too many instances of 100% proven ripoffs. I absolutely am sure so will study and learn and will NEVER be to blame for others misfortunes as I do sleep much better that a way---Fuuny thing as all Apple products(freely admitted by apple corporate,but guess they're lying on their own scamming ways) send all info to daddy each and time and all usage info kept as proven fact of corporate policy....hahahaha....John

what I want to know is did it go beep beep or ZINGGGGGGGGGGG! new at prospecting...

Birdlady,

If you go to the very first post in this topic and watch the video and turn the sound up you will be able to hear the sound/signal made by the LARGE NUGGET, but keep in mind that the signal is not only a reversed signal, meaning that it is not the regular sound made by gold, i.e. "wee-hoo", but instead "hoo-wee" which is usually the sound made by a "trash" target, all that being said, the sounds heard and mentioned in the video are the sounds of signals made by Minelab PI detectors, not the sounds of signal made VLF gold detectors.

Skip

I want to than everyone that provided enlightening information to me both on this thread and via PM's.....

Steve,

It was obviously taken about 12 inches above your hand, Sheesh...

can't get more exact than that :)

I looked at the Exif data from the pictures and came up empty handed also...

I bet the FBI has better tools at their disposal than I have access to though - I used freeware!

Ron in WA

No Ron the FBI uses Obamaware so your is a lot better :yesss:

I for one do not give a darn where the nugget was found. It really isn`t relevant anyway. What I am happy for, is that is was posted, :yesss: and should serve as an inspiration for all of us electronic prospectors. Nuggets like that still exist in many western states. Lets just hope that a few more of us are either lucky or skilled enough to swing a coil over one like that in our lifetime. :head: A rare find indeed, and thanks again for showing it off !! :brows:

Birdlady,

If you go to the very first post in this topic and watch the video and turn the sound up you will be able to hear the sound/signal made by the LARGE NUGGET, but keep in mind that the signal is not only a reversed signal, meaning that it is not the regular sound made by gold, i.e. "wee-hoo", but instead "hoo-wee" which is usually the sound made by a "trash" target, all that being said, the sounds heard and mentioned in the video are the sounds of signals made by Minelab PI detectors, not the sounds of signal made VLF gold detectors.

Skip

soulds like wa woo to me.. I am hearing impaired but i did make the sound bigger.. maybe it said pick me .....anyway great find lovely videolll

Looks like a big tooth! I saw a little one just like it a few weeks ago.

Congrats to the finder!

For Mac users a free and easy way to remove meta data from photos is to open them in mail then drag them to your desktop, great way to resize them also.

On the iPhone you can turn off location services for each individual app in settings.

That amazing! I always get pumped seeing recent finds like that. Gets me more excited than 15 Red Bulls ever could.