Nugget Shooter Forums

MR. T. GET READY

garimpo

Thanks Gar! It is 11:14am here in White Plains, NY. The wind is already gusting to 47mph, 20,000 folks on Long Island are already without power, and Sandy won't arrive here until about 10pm tonight! Trees are already coming down here in Westchester County, and several fires have broken out in homes. Flooding down by Long Island Sound - about 6-miles from me is already bad. Say a prayer for us, as this is going to be the worst storm I have seen since I came here in 1977.

Hoping for the best for you folks out east...Terry get out the wet suit, waterproof detector and a boat anchor to hold you down......Just kidding. Hang in there and make the best of it. Jerry

Gentlemen,charge your batteries,hunt up the wristbraces,load that truck and get ready to detect allllll day with the fortunes uncovered....miss livn' on/near the beach much........hope ya find great stuff..........John

We made it safe and sound! Lost power last night, but it was restored this morning early. Lots of damage in the neighborhood and trees on top of a lot of houses and blocking streets. Going to go help some friends with my chain saw - I'll post more tonight. Thank You All for your thoughts and prayers!!!

Glad to hear your ok T.....also good to hear your helping your neighbors out :shake2:

X2 AMEN!!

Still can't believe all of the devistation. Three of my close friends lost their homes completely at Breezy Point. We lost the entire first floor of our beach house in Milford, CT, on Long Island Sound. Hopefully the roads will be open to owners and residents today so we can start cleaning up and trying to recover some of our memories. They are still finding bodies here in Westchester, and in NYC. They reported 4,000 trees down on homes, streets and powerlines here in Westchester alone yesterday! I cut several off of our neighbors cars and homes. I wish people could come together like people have here ALL the time. No Republicans or Democrats on the street yesterday, just concerned and caring neighbors. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers guys, and please keep them coming. While my family is just fine, millions are suffering with loss, cold, no bathroom, no power, and no car.

It does not cease to impress me how America can come together in times like these. All differences forgotten and working toward a common goal of helping and thankless giving.

You are an inspiration for being a part of that, Terry.

I'm glad you guys made it through with only some property loss as that can always be rebuilt. Your memories of the lost items will live on as just that, and you still have the ability to recall and bring a smile from time to time.

Archived