Nugget Shooter Forums

Quartzsite outing....what a blast!

TomH

Hey all:

Got back around 9 tonight.

Got to say the outing was a real good time! :yesss:

The trip to the outing was a little rough towing the 4runner..it was windy and we were fighting it in the RV. It was acting like a pick up truck full of dirt...especially when the semi's would pass me. Think I need some stabilizers on the tow bar.

The trip back was a little odd also. Dern charging cicuit went out and blew the running light and dash fuses.

Weeee....got some work to do now!

Had to stop and put some jumper cables on the aux battery to feed the main bat. and limp it back home. But, we made it :) Running on one headlight and everything shut off to make it home.

Ran into some old friends. Found some new friends :)

First two days we were cleaning up the hills of junk left from the old timers. Got some cool copper ore and a realy nice little bottle. No chips and it has started to turn purple.

Sunday got really good!

A friend took us out to his spot and one of the guys that was with us got a reeeealy nice nugget. Bout a 4 pennywight. The other guy got some with his GB2...SWEET! (bows to the master of the GB2)

It was a really great 3 days with everyone.

BILL............Thanks for putting it on!

Also...if the guy that was asking about Bob Rose could contact me at oldies1955@cox.net

I will get you his PH# to call him

The two marines that came in from Yuma.........Keep at it! get that new vac going and geet some gold :)

Tks all.

Tom H.

post-25308-0-42809100-1351491684_thumb.j

post-25308-0-50004400-1351491692_thumb.j

post-25308-0-11871500-1351491701_thumb.j

post-25308-0-62305400-1351491708_thumb.j

post-25308-0-60160400-1351491715_thumb.j

post-25308-0-60996500-1351491724_thumb.j

post-25308-0-27064500-1351491734_thumb.j

post-25308-0-77320200-1351493492_thumb.j

Was great to meet ya, Tom and Tom :)

I heard no one got gold on Sat, and am glad that wasn't accurate.

Good time around the campfire for sure.

I am still rehydrating with koolaid and water. I got a little sick on the way home, but it was a great time for sure :)

Yup was indeed a great time! Glad you guys could make it and NICE NUGGET!

Glenn I am pretty sure Saturday no one scored cept for junk sadly....

That was a cool little bottle you got and I managed a military digging tool from when they were made to last forever....

Tom ,

It was good to meet you and old Tom , and all the others at the outing.

Sorry , I cant remember everyones names as my memory got a little clouded Sat night. Shep & Glenn,Patrick,Dwayne Farmer and all the Mikes , it was great to meet you all.

That was a really nice nugget found Sunday by that stranger with us :200:

Tom , thanks for letting me use that massive coil, my arm is quite sore this morning :head:

Hi Tom, Glad you had a great time. It is funny but last night I passed a one headlight motorhome (class C if I remember right) pulling a primered 4runner. It was east bound I-10 at the Miller road exit in Buckeye a little after seven. Don't know why I remember that.

Hi Tom, Glad you had a great time. It is funny but last night I passed a one headlight motorhome (class C if I remember right) pulling a primered 4runner. It was east bound I-10 at the Miller road exit in Buckeye a little after seven. Don't know why I remember that.

That was us!

It was like driving with a bic lighter for headlights...but I wanted to get home. :)

Was praying there were no cops sitting on the side of the road.

Tom H.

Nice pics Tom!

Are most of those guys members on this forum?

Rim

I enjoyed the photos. Thanks.

Nice pics Tom!

Are most of those guys members on this forum?

Rim

Yes thanks for the pix that everyone posted. Much appreciated. It would be nice if there were some names to go along with them. Sorry I missed the event. Sure looks and sounds like a lot of fun was had.

Stan

Yup was indeed a great time! Glad you guys could make it and NICE NUGGET!

Glenn I am pretty sure Saturday no one scored cept for junk sadly....

That was a cool little bottle you got and I managed a military digging tool from when they were made to last forever....

Bill?

A pic would be cool of the trenching shovel :)

Tom H.

Yes thanks for the pix that everyone posted. Much appreciated. It would be nice if there were some names to go along with them. Sorry I missed the event. Sure looks and sounds like a lot of fun was had.

Stan

Well, lemme see....

I know im gonna forget some...but here goes

ME!

Dad

Bill

Patrick of Havasu, great cake BTW...

Dennis

Adam

Glenn M

Ed and Claudia

Mike C

Travis and another marine buddy. Srry..cant remember the name.<-----some hard working sob's!...they got some nice color from drywashing Sat.

And for the rest that I forgot......I blame it on the beer! :)

Tom H.

Frank C, Shep, Mike C, Lon, AZ4AU (another Mike), and several others, too

:)

Was a great turn out with quite a few in attendance :)

Here ya go Tom... Sorry about the quality just took them with phone. That shovel was a neat find from back when they were made well and to last, my two mighty nuggets are shown after washing with water. Most of the size was dirt :tisk-tisk:

2012-10-29_18-48-09_980.jpg

2012-10-29_18-47-59_133.jpg

Frank C, Shep, Mike C, Lon, AZ4AU (another Mike), and several others, too

:)

Was a great turn out with quite a few in attendance :)

Yes indeed and darn good to see Mike K again (been a spell) as well as everyone else, what a great bunch of folks! Thanks for showing up All.... Loved it when Old Tom got into story telling mode too.

Some one lost a cool tool . Those old ones like that are getting hard to find now.

Sure sounds like you all had a time.

Did some one Drink a Beer for Me? LOL

Yes indeed and darn good to see Mike K again (been a spell) as well as everyone else, what a great bunch of folks! Thanks for showing up All.... Loved it when Old Tom got into story telling mode too.

LOL....yah, Dad got going with Mike.

He was talking with him about stuff I havent even heard of! Think we went from the Revolutionary war all the way up to

the early 70s. :) Funny how those two knew of all the areas/places and such and have never met. Then to find out he was friends with my father in law and Gold King...crazy!!! Probaly met my wife when she was running the register at the store in PHX. What a small world.

Thats a pretty cool shovel. 1952 and in that great of shape is awsome!

Hey your two nugs are better them my NO nugs. :) its all good. Skunks keep us humble.

Plus...I think that my bottle is worth about 10g's on the antique roadshow. :P

Taker easy and tks for the outing........memories to last a lifetime.

Tom H.

Hello All,

It was nice to meet some more fellow prospectors from the forum putting faces to names, some I hadn't seen for quite some time and its always a pleasure to see everyone again .

Tom H ,

That was the other Mike from MN. that was talking to your Dad.

Hi all I had a great time as well butttt couldnt shake the SKUNK :idunno: and while going on a cross country ride with a few other in the serch for ORO I managed to roll my quad and snap the lower rod of my deeper beeper :grr01: Mike C... :200:

Archived