Nugget Shooter Forums

gold clubs arizona

birdlady

I am new and was wondering if membership in the gpaa is for all members of the family or if each one has to purchase a membership? also what about a local club do you have to join another club ,or will the gpaa cover you in all of arizona..

I believe GPAA is a family membership and includes children under 18 living in household. Best to ask them directly though. You don't have to join a local GPAA club to take advantage of the claims that GPAA has in the membership book but as a newbee I would strongly suggest you do that particularily if you are in the Phoenix or Prescott areas ... those two clubs are pretty active and have lots of weekend events. Other clubs, such as Roadrunners Prospecting Club or Weaver Mining Association for example, are not covered by GPAA membership. In order to prospect on those claims you must join the claim owners club.

Don't fall into thinking that joining a particular club gives you access to all of arizona... it doesn't. Only the clubs claims. That's what claims are for. Go tromping around on somebody elses claims is a very good way to wind up dead. Joining a club is a great first step. GPAA is a good start.

You happen to have two board members of the GPAA Phoenix chapter on Bill's forum... me and that other guy :)

The PHX chapter is known as GPAP.

Joining GPAA is a family membership and allows you access to all GPAA claims around the US (several hundred)

You do not 'join' a local chapter, per se. If you are in Phoenix, we would love to have you. We also welcome guests to our meetings and you're allowed a couple outings without becoming a member (of GPAA, you never have to affiliate with a local club, or you can 'join' all the local chapters you want - there are 5-6 GPAA chapters in AZ)... to see if you like it.

Our next meeting is this coming Thursday at the Italian American Club on 12th St. in Phoenix and starts at 7pm.

There are several other clubs in central AZ but the only one coming to mind this moment is Road Runners Prospecting Club. They have some really good claims, but are rather pricey to join anymore (wish I'd done it some time ago).

As was said above... No matter how many clubs you join, you'll never have access to ALL of AZ. But joining clubs will get you access to a good amount of known gold-bearing land in AZ andpossibly some other states.

Claim Jumping is a serious crime, and many still believe it deserves a bullet. Most will just yell at you to get off their claim. As long as you don't have a shovel in the ground, a coil sweeping over the surface, or are not doing some other method to take locateable minerals... you're not claim jumping on a mineral.claim (they are all public lands and you can picnic, traverse, and camp on them as such). The same does not hold true for patent lands as those are private lands, like your yard.

Glenn is correct about costs of clubs. Roadrunners is about $300. The first year. I am pretty sure that if I had to do it again I would have chosen GPAA instead. Roadrunners is also family oriented and open meetings the third Thursday of each month at the same location. I find that the two clubs are very similar. In a lot of ways... so cost becomes the issue.

Weaver Mining District

http://www.WeaverMining.com

22595 Hwy 71 Congress, Arizona 85332

928-427-6344.

Y NOT Prospectors Club

PO Box 366

Congress, AZ 85332

Tom & Maggie

928-427-9605

Roadrunners Prospectors Club, Inc.

PO Box 56804

Phoenix, AZ 85079-6804 USA

Office: 1-602-274-2521 or fax: 1-602-274-4335

E-Mail: rrpc-office@roadrunnergold.com

Arizona Association of Prospectors, Inc.,The (AAGP)

Phoenix Chapter

P.O. Box 35281

Phoenix, AZ 85069-5281 USA

Contact Person: Harold Allen (AAGP Director)

Phone: 1-623-934-6882

E-Mail : AzGoldPros@hotmail.com

Congress Chapter (Congress, AZ)

Email: congresspaul@aol.com

Ph: 1-928-427 9503

Desert Gold Diggers

The Desert Gold Diggers Inc.

6809 E. Hayne

Tucson, AZ 85710

Ph: 1-520-886-3275

E-Mail: RayKnights@att.net

GoldShooter Mining Club

525 N. Val Vista Dr. # 44.

Mesa, AZ 85213 USA

E-Mail: goldshooter@usa.com

G.P.A.P. of Phoenix, Inc.

E-Mail: President@GPAPClub.com

Ph: 1-623-328-9538

Contact webmaster: webmaster@gpapclub.com

G.P.A.T. of Tucson

Gold Prospectors Association of Tucson

PMB # 216

5425 E. Broadway

Tucson, AZ 85711-3704 USA

520-747-0149 E-Mail: samangell@hotmail.com

Huachuca Prospectors Association

Ph: 1-520-378-3294

E-Mail: tetpros3@aztelnet.com

*Lake Havasu Gold Seekers Club, The

PO Box 3281

Lake Havasu City, AZ 86405-3281 USA

Ph: 1-928-208-7098

E-Mail: jokath@ymail.com

Mesa Gold Diggers

7520 Paseo Escondido

Prescott Valley, AZ 86314 USA

Ph: 1-520-772-8922

E-Mail: ELECFROG1@aol.com

*Mohave Prospectors Association

P.O. BOX 6446

Kingman AZ. 86402 USA

E-Mail: fclemens@mohaveprospectors.org

*Superstition Mountain Treasure Hunters

940 W. Apache Trail

Apache Junction, AZ 85217 USA

Ph: 1-480-983-3484 (Club Headquarters)

Ph: 1-480-983-3484

E-Mail: dan@smth-gold.com

White Mountain Chapter

Show Low, Az.

Ph: 1-928-521-1104

E-Mail: lpwright@frontiernet.net

• Like 2

Weaver Mining District

http://www.WeaverMining.com

22595 Hwy 71 Congress, Arizona 85332

928-427-6344.

Y NOT Prospectors Club

PO Box 366

Congress, AZ 85332

Tom & Maggie

928-427-9605

Roadrunners Prospectors Club, Inc.

PO Box 56804

Phoenix, AZ 85079-6804 USA

Office: 1-602-274-2521 or fax: 1-602-274-4335

E-Mail: rrpc-office@roadrunnergold.com

Arizona Association of Prospectors, Inc.,The (AAGP)

Phoenix Chapter

P.O. Box 35281

Phoenix, AZ 85069-5281 USA

Contact Person: Harold Allen (AAGP Director)

Phone: 1-623-934-6882

E-Mail : AzGoldPros@hotmail.com

Congress Chapter (Congress, AZ)

Email: congresspaul@aol.com

Ph: 1-928-427 9503

Desert Gold Diggers

The Desert Gold Diggers Inc.

6809 E. Hayne

Tucson, AZ 85710

Ph: 1-520-886-3275

E-Mail: RayKnights@att.net

GoldShooter Mining Club

525 N. Val Vista Dr. # 44.

Mesa, AZ 85213 USA

E-Mail: goldshooter@usa.com

G.P.A.P. of Phoenix, Inc.

E-Mail: President@GPAPClub.com

Ph: 1-623-328-9538

Contact webmaster: webmaster@gpapclub.com

G.P.A.T. of Tucson

Gold Prospectors Association of Tucson

PMB # 216

5425 E. Broadway

Tucson, AZ 85711-3704 USA

520-747-0149 E-Mail: samangell@hotmail.com

Huachuca Prospectors Association

Ph: 1-520-378-3294

E-Mail: tetpros3@aztelnet.com

*Lake Havasu Gold Seekers Club, The

PO Box 3281

Lake Havasu City, AZ 86405-3281 USA

Ph: 1-928-208-7098

E-Mail: jokath@ymail.com

Mesa Gold Diggers

7520 Paseo Escondido

Prescott Valley, AZ 86314 USA

Ph: 1-520-772-8922

E-Mail: ELECFROG1@aol.com

*Mohave Prospectors Association

P.O. BOX 6446

Kingman AZ. 86402 USA

E-Mail: fclemens@mohaveprospectors.org

*Superstition Mountain Treasure Hunters

940 W. Apache Trail

Apache Junction, AZ 85217 USA

Ph: 1-480-983-3484 (Club Headquarters)

Ph: 1-480-983-3484

E-Mail: dan@smth-gold.com

White Mountain Chapter

Show Low, Az.

Ph: 1-928-521-1104

E-Mail: lpwright@frontiernet.net

:goodpost:

Thanks, Terry. At that time of morning on my phone, I'm surprised I got as much info out as I did :)

I believe the Road Runners meet on Wed night, though? And it's like $2400 overall, with annual claims fee of 20-40?

Glenn, Roadzrunners is third Thursday of each month at the american-italian club and monthly outing the following Saturday. Total fees are $1500. Which is paid as $240 per year til paid on full at which time you become a lifetime member. First year adds forty dollar initiation fee which covers id badge maps etc. In addition you pay an annual AMF of 44.00 . We just paid our annual amf fees for the year all 59000 worth.

What about the difference in the QUALITY of the claims each club owns? Any info in that regard would be appreciated. Thanks,

Stan

Glenn is correct about costs of clubs. Roadrunners is about $300. The first year. I am pretty sure that if I had to do it again I would have chosen GPAA instead. Roadrunners is also family oriented and open meetings the third Thursday of each month at the same location. I find that the two clubs are very similar. In a lot of ways... so cost becomes the issue.

Thanks everyone, I would not claim Jump intentionally on anyone. We would like to be legal at doing this. We go on blm land that does not have claims.

We Live in Fort Mohave ,Arizona. the only club I know or have heard about is in kingman. and that is too far for us to drive at night. We just want to do a little digging and find a little nugget now and then or some pretty rocks for say.. The Gpaa sounded good, as we travel too. I dont want to start out on the wrong foot with you guys and I hope that we can all meet some where along the road to gold or rich's . Phoenix is a beautiful area,would love to live there. But we chose ft Mohave, besides a 90,000 house for 25,000 is nice..

Good question but probably unanswerable. People are secretive about their finds so you never know. One Roadrunner claim produced a seven ounce nugget at an outing last year and I do know that one of the clubs claims has produced 13 ounces this year so far...one thing that stands out to me is that our claims are not worked as hard as some clubs claims. All of our nearly 200 claims are in Arizona.

Don't fall into thinking that joining a particular club gives you access to all of arizona... it doesn't. Only the clubs claims. That's what claims are for. Go tromping around on somebody elses claims is a very good way to wind up dead. Joining a club is a great first step. GPAA is a good start.

Wow!!!!! I didnt say I was jumping claim's cool down..You have had to much sun. take your shoe.s off set a spell.. I am to old to train you.. I am layed back with my husband and we like to go rock hunting. not claiming nothing. and if I did find some I am one of those people who would probably give it to you. So settle down,woman can do things too.

Hey Birdlady, welcome back by the way! We wondered where ya went. Anyway no cool down needed. But it needs to be made clear that people get cranky about their claims. Go over to gold prospecting section and read my thread about " verde river gold " where Clay speaks of dirty john. Explains it all.

Depending on your area you would probably be better served with a club that you can attend meetings in person. Mingle time is very educational as well as beneficial.

My phone number is in my profile if you have any questions that you don't want to post

Thanks Nugget shooter, sorry for the confusion. would like to do this right.. and thanks for the information, we are looking into Mohave Prospectors Association. I know nothing about them.. But have a form so will try and contact...

MPA were good folks last time I spoke with some of them (nearly two yrs ago).

There is a new GPAA chapter that just started out on Parker called Colorado River Prospecting or similar if you want to look in to that.

From my limited recollection, there aren't a lot of 'club claims' (from the various AZ clubs) around you. I could be dead wrong, though.

MPA were good folks last time I spoke with some of them (nearly two yrs ago).

There is a new GPAA chapter that just started out on Parker called Colorado River Prospecting or similar if you want to look in to that.

From my limited recollection, there aren't a lot of 'club claims' (from the various AZ clubs) around you. I could be dead wrong, though.

I totally understand where everyone is coming from. dont want to say join this one or this one, we joined mpaa, hope were not disappointed. but we dont want to go on anyones claim.. Was very disapointed in quartzsite, maybe didnt know the location to go or what. looked for geodes but they wouldnt let us go,threw the sand was deep and very rugged.. we did find some firestone's ha with out the fire..so over all it was a bummer for a weekend outting . but,I got to spend time with my better half and we all have to live and learn..

the Havasu Gold Seekers is a lot closer for you and they have 3200 acres of claims and a 40 acre base camp with about 80 rv sites and a huge activity building. their meetings are the first tuesday of the month at 7pm at the quality inn in Lake Havasu. Check them out, i think you might like them. Their web site is; www.havasugoldseekers.com. A lot of the pictures on the site are old but it gives you an idea of the base camp Good Luck, Chip