Nugget Shooter Forums

Need ya'll's opinion...

I just dug these up this morning. Just seemed weird to me that they were all in the same spot.

p1030489s.jpg

After rinse off.

p1030490s.jpg

If they are meteorites, maybe i'll be able to afford some new lawn chairs...lol!

Thanks!

Rim

What made you dig them up???

Desert,

I had noticed them like 2 years ago (every time I mowed) and finally decided to take a look. I don't have any other big stones on the property that I know of. Other than that one big piece of chert I showed ya'll awhile back.

Rim

I wish I had a pond Jerry.

Is there such a bug as a rock bore bug? There are several holes in these rocks about the size of a pencil. And there are some rather large holes also but not round. The dark spot on the middle rock is actually a big hole.

But if they are plano rocks, I found another hole for them... :D

Rim

Here's a couple close ups.

p1030495s.jpg

p1030496s.jpg

If it is basalt, I wonder how it made it to east texas.

Also my magnet wouldn't stick to it.

Rim

Definitely not meteorites I'm afraid.

If it is basalt, I wonder how it made it to east texas.

Well you'd have to go way, way, way back in time to when that landmass was created. Go back far enough and there was a volcano everywhere, it's how the crust was formed. :)

Here's a Texas-specific link:

http://www.tshaonlin.../articles/swgqz

"Late Cretaceous volcanoes were widespread in a band roughly parallel to and south and east of the buried Ouachita Mountains. Pilot Knob (Travis County),qv located southeast of Austin, is the eroded remnant of one of these."

Thank's Mike and All.

I'll have to find a place to put them since they look kinda unique. Or maybe i'll trade them for one good lawn chair...haha!

Rim

Texas? No WAY BASALT. It's an old mouse turd. Everything is big in Texas! :ROFL:

Texas? No WAY BASALT. It's an old mouse turd. Everything is big in Texas! :ROFL:

Well.......there's quite a few "holy turd's" around here you know? :inocent:

Those are tornado seeds. Don't put them back in the ground and whatever you do dont let them get wet. It would be best to just take them over to Louisiana and drop them off in the swamp somewhere.

I used to raise tornados in Oklahoma when I was a kid and I have seen plenty of those. That big one could even be a hurricane. It would be best to just get rid of them quick and don't let anyone see you dropping them off.