Nugget Shooter Forums

'What's the Earth Worth" on History Channel October 25

Mike Furness

Bill I hope this doesn't ruffle any feathers and if so I apologize in advance ... and of course please remove the post: Just thought the members would like to see this show.

This past Spring a few of us from the AZO family participated in a filming session down at Rich Hill describing Gold and Gold recovery. A lot of emphasis was on metal detecting with a smattering of the other methods. Chris Gholson, Steve Gholson and Calvin 'Bunk' Bunker had talking parts, I was the transportation with cameras mounted on my RZR, and others such as Terry Soloman who actually arranged for the film crew were involved as well. According to the message I got this morning in my email it will air on the History Channel this Thursday October 25 at 9PM EST/PST. I strongly suggest you check your local listings for that day for the exact time in your area. and if you have the ability to record it so you don't blow off the time like I do sometimes. I think it should be a good show with some local charactors at a place we all know pretty well. Hope you enjoy it. It was a lot of fun seeing how a project like this is produced and meeting some of the characters doing the filming. The English film crew was a lot of fun and they made us all feel at ease in front of the camera. Especially for a couple of us who are usually on the camera end rather than having a lens pointed at us.

I just looked on my Direct TV schedule and found that here in AZ the program airs 6PM to 8PM on channel 269. Hope that helps those of you in AZ who have Direct TV ... I set my TV to record just in case.

Mike F

Maybe I can find a friend to tape it for me Mike...as I only get air channels.

I sure would like to see it! And congrat's to all of you!!!

Rim

I had a great time filming with Mike, Bunk, Chris, his Dad Steve, and Robert Martensen from Tesoro. I also invited Bill - who was able to attend the History Channel Crew Party at the Sierra Vista Motel with his daughter, but couldn't make it for the actual filming. Here are some photos from the shoot.

I had a great time filming with Mike, Bunk, Chris, his Dad Steve, and Robert Martensen from Tesoro. I also invited Bill - who was able to attend the History Channel Crew Party at the Sierra Vista Motel with his daughter, but couldn't make it for the actual filming. Here are some photos from the shoot.

What the frick are some of you wearing guns for at a History Channel film project ???? :tisk-tisk: You skeeered or somethin :D

Heres the bar in Wickenburg during the winter....

http://youtu.be/GAbkuMclgGE

What the frick are some of you wearing guns for at a History Channel film project ???? :tisk-tisk: You skeeered or somethin :D

Heres the bar in Wickenburg during the winter....

http://youtu.be/GAbkuMclgGE

LOL! Did you see the size of those nuggets Chris brought with him? Somebody had to provide security!! :thumbsupanim

Bill I bet the History channel will do a rerun at soem point ... They usually rerun everything they do a couple times. Enjoy the weekend ... I wish I could get away and come down. Just too much going on right now. I thought retirement was supposed to allow me to do the things I really want to do! Hmmmm!

Mike F

Gee if that was two seconds i looked down and then up once and we were gone! Chris' nuggets showed a few times though ... they were impressive on the show and even more so in person. To hold a pound and a half of gold is really heavy for their size!

Mike F

• Like 1