Nugget Shooter Forums

Where will Quartzsite camp be?

TomH

I know the general area where the camp will be. But, without having Bunks big orange truck there im not going to know what camp is what?

So........could someone tell me what vehicles to look for or signs?

Tks

Tom H.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look for my silver Toyota with just as silver trailer.... I will be there on Wednsday afternoon

Tks guys...Ill be there on Fri morning around 8...Small RV towing a vomit green 4runner. :)

Tom H.

Looking like Thursday mid-day or so for me. Bringing the drywasher to work a couple areas near camp where I got allot of small nuggets in the old days. Got a bum ankle so may not be hiking all over the desert quite as much this trip and spend more time socializing.

Really looking forward to getting out some and relaxing with ya all!

YOU SNOOZE YOU LOOSE SHEP,........................................

I'M WALKIN OUT THE DOOR RIGHT AFTER I TYPE THIS, LOCKED AN LOADED JUST STOPPN FER FUEL, OH MY GOD DID I SAY FUEL ???

HAVE TO GO GET A BANK LOAN FIRST I GUESS

ANYWAY LOOK FER THE CARBON COPY TRAILER SHEP TALKED TO PATRICK TODAY AN HE'LL BE THERE TOMORROW TOO WE'LL SEE WHICH ONE OF YA GITS THERE 1ST.

I'LL GIT YER PATCH WARMED UP FOR YA SO IT'LL BE READY WHEN YOU ARRIVE.

SEE YA!!!!

Yup guess I'll be leaving tomorrow as well, but will be camping at Dome Rock. Plan to truck the quad to Tom Wells Road if I hunt the Wrangler claims over that way.

Whoo Hoo see ya there.... I was gonna bring a drywasher, but snapped out of it... :snapoutofit:

I don't have memberships beyond GPAA. was supposed to get an application in the mail after the last outing, but it never came.

And the shops won't be open when I come in... Guess I'm sorta stuck dangit

GlennM,

You should be able to get a membership to the QMD club Sat morning when they open the store. With any luck they will have some new claims to hunt too.

If you really want in the Nugget Wranglers go to thier website and get the contact info for the Pres. Dwayne Farmer? Call him direct and see if he might be in the neighborhood, and if they are accepting memberships , he may hook you up.

Im hella jealous of you guys getting to go. Im still a maybe... :cry2:

GlennM,

You should be able to get a membership to the QMD club Sat morning when they open the store. With any luck they will have some new claims to hunt too.

If you really want in the Nugget Wranglers go to thier website and get the contact info for the Pres. Dwayne Farmer? Call him direct and see if he might be in the neighborhood, and if they are accepting memberships , he may hook you up.

Im hella jealous of you guys getting to go. Im still a maybe... :cry2:

He is also a member here.....

If anyone heading to Q has any bellows rubber for a Keene puffer, I need to buy some. If I would have used my head, I would have caught Frank before he left. But you know how that goes.!!

Patrick .....

So Last night , got a wild hair and shaved off both my beard and mustache after about 20 years ... My face without hair sucks ... My upset and embarrassment without my natural hair on my face will keep me hid away for a couple months ... What a stupid thing I did ... So anyhow, I'll be hiding out in the desert for a while, alone without mirrors or cameras ... Cheers, Unc

It was Dwayne who was supposed to send out the app :)

Didn't want to throw anyone towards a bus.

I will only have Sat to hunt, but maybe I can run back in to town. I'll also dig up that PM chain and reconnect with Dwayne.

You guys wouldn't leave w/o me, would ya? ;)

I haven't been to a Nugget Shooter outing in years but I might make it this weekend. I've never been nugget hunting in Quartzite and I'm not a member of any clubs. Are there many places I can hunt if I make it to this outing? I spend most of my time hunting around Prescott but I want to explore some other areas now and this seems like a good way to learn from folks who have experience hunting in the western desert.

The Quartzsite Metal Detecting Club has 620 acres for $15 annual fee and you can pay at Gold Miser any time after 8 AM. They have 9 claims. Has anyone used these claims?

Mitchel

Sure is nice here at camp... All alone though Shep and company 11 miles West

Bill:

Glad ya got down there safe and sound.

Weel be rolling in around 8:30 on Fri morning.

Im not breaking any sound beariers towing the 4runner on the way down. :)

PLEASE....dont get all the nugs before we get there. :)

Bringing some show and tell nugs with me.

Tom H.