Nugget Shooter Forums

I bought a custom made upper shaft rod for a Sovereign several years ago on Ebay.The maker's name was Bill Quinn & he is from AZ . It was just the upper rod & hand grip, There was no control box mount,arm cuff,meter mount or lower shaft. A friend has just purchased a GT & is looking for the same. I have lost Bill's contact info. Can anyone help ?

Hey Sig,

I'm not sure about Bill Quinn, but one of the members of this board makes carbon fiber shafts for metal detectors and my have what you need.

Contact Herb (from Pine Valley) if you want to ask about it.

Paul

Hi Signalseeker

Your Sovereign will use the same upper shaft as the

SD/GP and GPX. Bill may be able to fix you up. If not

you can go to my website. I will be in Rye Patch, but

will be back on the 1st of Nov.

Paul

Hows it going my friend? Stay safe!!

Best Regards

Herb

Hi Signalseeker

Your Sovereign will use the same upper shaft as the

SD/GP and GPX. Bill may be able to fix you up. If not

you can go to my website. I will be in Rye Patch, but

will be back on the 1st of Nov.

Paul

Hows it going my friend? Stay safe!!

Best Regards

Herb

Don, go to Herb's site I do not have one in stock. Herb you coming to the outing? I still owe you for a shaft I think?

Herb,

Doing good here, except procrastinating about emailing you for way too long! I will resolve that tonight.

Be good my friend!

Paul

Herb ~ I'll check back with you after Nov. 1rst. The upper straight shaft I described in my initial post is made of very light polished aluminum tubing & the lower carbon Sov. shaft fits it with no problem.This custom made upper straight shaft lighter than the Sov upper straight shaft. I beach hunt & use a 15" WOT coil or Sunray S-12 coil. I chest mount the Sov. control box in order to lighten up the shaft weight.

At one time I owned a GP 3500 & still have a new upper & lower shaft. I checked this out weight wise with the WOT coil attached & it feels about the same or maybe a little heavier than the stock Sov. upper & lower shaft with the WOT coil. I'm just looking for the lightest shaft setup possible as the weight of the WOT coil on sand can wear an arm out after about 3 hours. I do not have any info about your website. Please advise. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

After doing a little research & detective work I have determined that Bill Quinn is "Rods by Plugger" on Ebay. He is located in Carlsbad Ca. The upper straight shaft I bought from him in 2007 is a really nice setup & very light. I have ordered another for a friend. I appreciate your help.