Nugget Shooter Forums

New Safe

Got me a new 32 gun safe, It is a Stack On Premier that they say is water proof for 72 hours in 2ft of water and fire proof for 30 min at 1400 degree. Was a bitch of a time getting it in the office. don't think anyone is going to pack it out of here. fit just nice beside the desk and everything fits in just nice with room to spare. One item that won't go in it is the double barrell coach gun by the bed side. :D

post-227-0-39853800-1350608177_thumb.jpg

My safe WAS bigger and bolted to my hardwood floor inside a small closet. The day of the Innagural Ontario 500 I was with the Vels Parnelli Jones crowd cheering on our drive Al Unser and gone for over 40 hours between race and partying like a madman with the VP crews because Al won. Came home and house 100% empty-even the dirty clothes and dishes. They got my sawzall and cut through the floors after drilling holes and used all my tools to take the safe. I had a 4 plex in back and my house out front and my tenants didn't say a word as they all said, thought you were moving as they took everything. Just a cautionary warning-John

LOL!

When I was moving to where I am now, My Neighbor asked me who was the guy in the white truck helping me!

I got looking around and He had taken about half of my Crap.

HJ ... That was a fast move ... sounds like it was more or less an inside job to know you would be gone for a long enough period of time and exactly when.

HF ... That is really too funny ... what else can I say?

Allen ... Nice looking safe. I'm looking for one myself. What made you pick that unit and what did you have to pay for it. If you don't want to post on the forum a PM would be appreciated. Thanks in advance especially the reasoning behind the purchase. I have been looking at the ones at Cabela's and of all places Home Depot. Seems there is a place over in Chino Valley ... next town over from me here in PV ... who specializes in gun safes. One of my gun nut friends says he is a bit on the pricey end though. Any suggestions you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Mike F

If you want funny, and sobering stories about safes, get Sgt Frank talking. Some similar to what John said, but didn't happen to a buddy on here. So it's completely safe to laugh.

Only safe I ever need is... like I'm gonna broadcast that ;)

That is a nice looking upright. With all a certain person I know has... you think they do bulk discounts? :)

:grr01: GREAT ONE HF :thumbsupanim talk about gall :4chsmu1: just a cautionary tale as my great bud Doelker got over 67 weapons,$150,000 in gold/silver and family memorabilia robbed 2 years ago thanksgiving from his theft proof safe-I don't tell nobody nuttn no more---John :old:

I've had two gun/junk safes for over 40 years....if they don't already have bolt holes in the floor, have

them drilled so you can bolt it to the concrete floor....even if you have to put it in the garage....then

put one of those electric de-humidifiers in to keep the moisture down....

Important is "fire proof".....if even for only an hour or two....if the whole house burns down on top of

a safe most safes won't stand that...

Try Costco.com.... it will be delivered to your house for the price of the sale. They do have a great selection and the Rhino Executive series safes are top notch! (top $$$ too). A good dirt safe is nice too....... 5 gal pail with a gamma seal lid buried well is as good as your gonna find but not very convenient..... PVC pipe is also good for long guns