Nugget Shooter Forums

To Drywasher Users

Nugget Shooter

Be careful what glue you use to replace your muslin on your riffle tray! I bought a Keene puffer from a guy in NV a couple years back and decided it was time to replace the riffle fabric, well I don't know what kind of glue the guy used last time, but it is taking hours to clean it all off and prep for new fabric :grr01:

All one needs is some 3M spray adhesive for muslin fabric to stick just fine and silicone for the dead air space, YOU DO NOT NEED SUPER DOOPER WONDER GLUE!

Remember you will need to redo it again no matter how well you glue it cause it will get holes in it.

Just trying to save you some trouble..... :old:

Yep how true, I got a buddy of mine who used shoe glue, what a mess he made of it, can't wait to see him change it again...he never listens.

And i just glued my Keene's miracle mat down with contact cement .... I even thought about just siliconing it down.. yes i am an idiot !!!!!!!

Bill try acetone on a rag rubbing the glue off the metal and keep turning the rag to new clean material while working.

Tried it Frank as well as paint thinner and that crap was not touched some very resilient glue..... Not sure what it was, but it is gone now and new muslin applied and ready to hit LSD this weekend to create a small dust cloud.

Bill, or anyone proficient with puffer drywashers (especially the Keene 140)...

Does anyone have video of one running material similar to what's found in LSD so I can understand if I'm doing it right?

I have noticed that, when I screen to 1/4", the material tends to not move very well until all spaces between riffles are covered and will again slow way down/load up at the top if the spaces down further get even partially uncovered.

This is a Keene 140 with electric motor and no tears/holes in the tray. Trying to get that gate to feed steady is also a pain.

Figured I would ask while we're on the subject.

i screen mine down to 5/16 and dump out and pan the stuff after checking the riffle tray after every 2 buckets of dirt . then when the pile of dirt is cleaned up and sorted from running through the machine to restart it for the next 2 buckets of dirt i throw 3 shovels full of dirt in the hopper and 2 or 3 shovels full in on the riffle screen then i hook the motor up and its running good and strong and i have enough time to grab the next bucket of dirt and put it on the grizzly so the flow of dirt is continous and it seems to feed it self perfectly