Nugget Shooter Forums

Sharing Patches

nvchris

This summer I was lucky to find a virgin patch or two.

One thing I really enjoy is sharing it.

And better still is when they find a good nugget.

So this summer several folks had the rare opportunity to hunt a virgin large nugget patch.

3 of them found there biggest nugget ever.

In this case not only did the person find his biggest it was also his first nugget with a detector!

just under an ounce @ .97 OZT

DabnysFirstbiggest.jpg

• Like 2

Nice gesture Chris!

So how far down on the list is me??? :ROFL: Just joking....and a Very Nice Nugget indeed! :thumbsupanim

Rim

Hi Chris thats very nice of you :thumbsupanim -I have shared patches with other people and hope they would show me some as well buttttt thats not always the case :idunno: Mike C... :200:

I did.... :4chsmu1: Cost me a couple bucks too :2mo5pow: It is about the buck... :yesss:

That was 17 years ago El D and by god I do miss the good ol'days my friend........ :Just_Cuz_06: oro puro by the pounds :4chsmu1: long dredge seasons with monster sized dredges :old: and a MUCH younger body and soul.....John

Kinda like with girlfriends: it's always a gamble to share a patch, i.e., the risk of discovering a false friend versus the chance of gaining a true one. Ahh, but ain't it a trip! Not the path for a weak heart.

• Like 1

Regarding what Micro Nugget said above...

Bill took me to one of his patches this spring. I have been back by myself, but haven't touched it with shovel or coil.

He even showed me where a substantial nugget was found - one discussed on here, even - but I won't touch it w/o Bill there. Same goes for a patch another prominent board member has taken me to.

While neither is under claim, and the general population is free to go any time, I simply won't without the host there unless given explicit permission to do so. It's just how I am. I would expect the same if I ever took someone to a patch I found - if I ever find one :)

It's a simple matter of respect to me.

• Like 1

Same here. I have been taken out on a couple of members own claims.. not club claims. Although they gave me permission to go back when i want ... i certainly wont unless they wanted me to meet them out there. I had the best time out there. I enjoyed watching them dig out gold and turn into little kids about it... The joy on their faces was priceless. Now take me to a rockpile ...then it's game on !!! I just can't get interested in gold nuggets like i do rocks. But i am trying .

Regarding what Micro Nugget said above...

Bill took me to one of his patches this spring. I have been back by myself, but haven't touched it with shovel or coil.

He even showed me where a substantial nugget was found - one discussed on here, even - but I won't touch it w/o Bill there. Same goes for a patch another prominent board member has taken me to.

While neither is under claim, and the general population is free to go any time, I simply won't without the host there unless given explicit permission to do so. It's just how I am. I would expect the same if I ever took someone to a patch I found - if I ever find one :)

It's a simple matter of respect to me.

Hi Glenn dont take my coment personal it wasnt directed at you at all and you are welcome at any time to go back without me just keep it to yourself-butttt there are a few people I have taken to spots over the years where I have found hundreds of nuggets at and not once was offered to go to one of thier spots :idunno: -when I know they have spots as well-Gold fever does funny things to people-although I dont share my spots with the public I do like to share with a select few and keep it to them selves and hope they would do the same for me :tisk-tisk: -this game we call nugget shooting is a mutual respect thing for me and it was my pleasure to share one of them with you and Frank :head: .With that said I wasnt expecting anything in return from you guys because I already knew you guys were new to the game and didnt even expect anyhing buttttt when you do find a spot pound the helllll out of it and then take me there Im always up to a challenge :4chsmu1: -Good luck-Mike C... :200:

I kinda follow RR advice " trust but verify"

So I use 4 game trail cameras that feature solar power and 3G connectivity. I can look at real time images of my claim.

Two many folks have no respect for claimed ground one of the first poachers caught on camera was destroying a claim corner post.

I didn't take it that way from ya, either. :)

The thought never crossed my mind. I was just making a statement to support yours.

I doubt I'll be back at that spot w/o ya, anyway, because I accidentally deleted the GPS track LOL.

I did do some research on the area before deleting to see if I could figure out the ground info to look for an area to try. Other than that, I know it's yours and respect that. Even though you put it out there that it's OK to go back, and even if I could find it again, I likely wouldn't go detecting on it without ya.

You can bet that if I find a patch, I'm inviting you and just a the couple others to whom I owe the return favor for a while.

Then there is the kind of patch sharing person that is referred to as a gold weasel. Will take you to a extremely beaten patch of theirs just to gain trust and access to one of your good patches, then go back and clean it out.

Then there is the kind of patch sharing person that is referred to as a gold weasel. Will take you to a extremely beaten patch of theirs just to gain trust and access to one of your good patches, then go back and clean it out.

Hi El all of my places are beaten to death but I still find gold on them and personally I would rather beep a beatup patch-you say WHY :nutty: ??? Because it sharpens my beepin skills even more when I can find gold at a beatup patch :head: -you see its about the challenge for me-sure sitting ducks are nice but not as rewarding of a feeling as using your skills to find gold everybody else walked over-thats what Im talking about :thumbsupanim Mike C... :200:

• Like 1

Mike, like your way of thinking! Chris, always been a man above others! Still have a present for you, if we can ever meet up. Ever gonna come down south again?

Shep