Nugget Shooter Forums

Cool design..

Rimshot

Not sure what powers or spins the trommel drum?

Sluice box looks way to short, unless he is in great big fat heavy nuggets.

If he is in fine gold, that short sluice box would just spit dust & small thin flakes out.

If all that framework is PVC pipe?

I hope it’s schedule 40 or better yet schedule 80, otherwise I could see serious problems with it.

Elder,

I wondered how he spun the drum too. I kept looking for a belt maybe like on a clothes dryer but don't see one. I just like it because it's so compact. I believe it's all sch 80 pvc because 80 is usually gray pipe. I notice he has a heavy pipe at the bottom beside him to add some weight when he loads the hopper i guess. He might have an extention that adds to the lenth of the sluice.

Rim

6jgec2.jpg

Schedule 80 PVC pipe is tough stuff.

ao19h3.jpg

12 inch Schedule 40 Ball mill jars on my mill

24xlvmp.jpg

8 inch PVC ball mill jar

The price of schedule 40 isn’t cheap.

Schedule 80 is outright expensive.

For the price of Schedule 80, you can buy steel instead.

If you wonder, I make a few pyrotechnics & gunpowder, now & then.

PVC doesn't SPARK

Ya busted me FM-yep tried when I was a kid to work PVC--hauled my dredge in many miles and had a pvc stand for box/engine-cool idea right-wrong as first couple of rocks I chucked hit it and kapow into pieced and in absolutely vertical canyon no place for box/engine except in the water. Please whoever fabbed, I am not being negative as would absolutely love to see in pipe/steel or anything durable that's all-John

From the trees, it looks like he is way way up North, I would guess with limited resources.

From the trees, it looks like he is way way up North, I would guess with limited resources.

Yep! You guessed it El D. Alaska. He has a 25 ft vertical shaft and a 80 ft vertical shaft he's working. Hard, hard, work. Lot's of leg work and arm work too. When he climbs back up on a ladder (s) he's also pulling up a load of diggins using a pulley and rope. I'm out of breath talking about it...... :th:

Rim