Nugget Shooter Forums

Yes i know Adam , and THANKS !!!! I am glad the rangers over there are buds... but still keep things on hush - hush mode. It's not possible to dry wash that wash due to location but thats ok. I am happy anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, it's taken me about 6 to 8 months of not looking at this forum and a stout dose of liquid meds to rid me of gold fever......until today.

It's back and that vid of the gold and the black sand did me in.

That first post made me google "Mormon Treasure" and that was another relaps.

Well, I guess I'll sell everything, including my neigbor's dog( he used to be mine till I tried to train him to sniff out gold nuggets and he left me for my neigbor who lets him be a regular coon dog) and go find a treasure somewhere in AZ.

Like Jim S. I've got a new hip but can't bend down too much, so I guess I'll get my wife to do the diggen and I'll do the beepen

I haven't told her that part yet, I maybe should wait til later.

If you don't hear back from me, she said no... with my fav fryen pan. :4chsmu1:

Good luck please get the gold before i get there, gold fever is too big a burden for folks like me. :ROFL:

Wyndham

Hey Wyndam, glad to inspire. Anytime you want me to take you there let me know. Lou

Hi birdlady. Do you mean geodes? If so there are many in AZ. If lookong for minerals there is a great book by neil bearce called minerals, fossils, and fluorescents of arizona. It has maps and directions. Available at most bookstores.

thanks oredigger, we are planing a trip to quartzsite and also the wiley wells area to look for opals and to look for geodes at the near place.. does it cost to look at wiley wells or the opal mine? do we need to belong to club. We are calling tomorrow for the gpaa club..

Birdy, I heave not been to either location but will look up details as I have a few books on them.

the dr said bee's dont like sulfur so carry the tabs in your pocket..

I too am allergic to bees and carry an epipen and benadryl but the sulfer tabs I never heard of and will have to check into it more.What's the dose the doctor recommends?

thanks,

Joe

Hey Joe, I don't think there is a dosage you carry them on your pockets. But I could be wrong. I love bees so never saw a reason to chase them away. Hows the zuki coming along?

Hey Joe, I don't think there is a dosage you carry them on your pockets. But I could be wrong. I love bees so never saw a reason to chase them away. Hows the zuki coming along?

So you carry these on your pockets and the aroma keeps them away from you?_______

Had the Zuk out two days ago after fixing two minor leaks and replacing a drive shaft yoke...... worked the abbey1 and 2 claims in black canon city and need to pan out the concentrates but the zuk went place where only rhino's and razr's where. No way to get a 4x4 pickup in these areas i went as the paths where too skinny and gas from 8:30am to 5pm (about 20 miles in low range) was only $5.56 so i'm extremely happy with my test outing...... Also got to see a 1000 year old indian fort up there!

Joe

The sulfur tab carry in pockets.. the bee's dont like the smell.. also remember to remove when you get home ,before you wash. YOu can sulfur for lots of things, but for some reason it makes you smell.. so the dr told me to put a tab in pocket and so far so good. you can get them like 1000 for 5.00 they are cheap..

Went to BLM office and they gave me maps of california, But like the BLM in kingman most areas are out of their area .So they dont have the information I needed.. Joined the Mpa today... But still want to join the gpaa also...

Hey Joe. Mike B, Tom, and I were in the superstitions last weekend and had hiked back a couple miles. Out of nowhere comes two volkwagon beetles with mudders on. These two old farts were fearless and having a blast. Was pretty amazing to see them back in quad territory. Hope you have a pound of yellow metal in your cons...

Thanks Lou..... I used to live out by the superstitions near first water trailhead and that is some beautiful country out there.....If i had another vehicle with me i would get a little more reckless but with nobody to drive me out if i break something makes me slow down a whole bunch LOL....... Whooee a pound of yellow. YES but i'd be happy with even a flake but just being out there is enough reward for me.

Joe

Birdlady..... thanks for the tip and i am going to see where i can purchase some sulfer tablets as it can't hurt

Just don't wear yellow! Learned that the hard way at one of the ASA4WDC (State assn of 4 wheel drive clubs) jamborees...

Us staff got yellow shirts that year and wound up getting harassed all weekend if we wore them on the trails. Mine wound up tied around the base of my CB antenna.

Have not worn that color in the desert since!

Just don't wear yellow! Learned that the hard way at one of the ASA4WDC (State assn of 4 wheel drive clubs) jamborees...

Us staff got yellow shirts that year and wound up getting harassed all weekend if we wore them on the trails. Mine wound up tied around the base of my CB antenna.

Have not worn that color in the desert since!

I remember reading your post somewhere else and it always stuck in my mind..... I was going to buy a yellow quad and your post changed my mind.

thanks,

Joe

thanks oredigger, we are planing a trip to quartzsite and also the wiley wells area to look for opals and to look for geodes at the near place.. does it cost to look at wiley wells or the opal mine? do we need to belong to club. We are calling tomorrow for the gpaa club..

Birdlady,

If you're talking about the Opal Hill Mine in Wiley Well, it is a pay to dig site ($25 per person). Nancy Hill owns the place and is a really awesome person. I think opal is getting scarce although it has been found there. Fire agate and crystals are what they mine. You absolutely need a high clearance and preferably a 4 wheel drive vehicle. I didn't have to put mine in 4wd but there were a few iffy spots. That said, I had a great time there.

Lou,

Had a good time Sunday kickin around some rocks with you. I think I ruined the crysocolla pieces I brought home by putting them in water to clean them up. Lesson learned. I'd like to get back out this weekend if you're up for it. Let me know if and where you want to try next.

Birdlady,

If you're talking about the Opal Hill Mine in Wiley Well, it is a pay to dig site ($25 per person). Nancy Hill owns the place and is a really awesome person. I think opal is getting scarce although it has been found there. Fire agate and crystals are what they mine. You absolutely need a high clearance and preferably a 4 wheel drive vehicle. I didn't have to put mine in 4wd but there were a few iffy spots. That said, I had a great time there.

Birdlady,

Thanks for the information, it is shut down, we tried for the Geodes also , but they wouldnt let us threw wiley wells road. its all dust and said they dont know when they will open it again.. We did find some Fire agates though just not there..