Nugget Shooter Forums

What a hoot!

One of the guys at the meteorite outing (mn90403) got this while looking for meteorites!

post-3-0-32913000-1349483208_thumb.jpgpost-3-0-16766800-1349483228_thumb.jpg

Guess the specimen weighs in around 3 ounces total, not the first found on the South side of the strewn field, but the biggest I have seen so far! Wish I was there, but work got in the way this weekend.... :grr01:

That's Mitchell!

He also has a very nice stash of finds from his beach hunts. Did the show and tell at the Holbrook gathering.

That is a sweet find! Right on the surface too! :thumbsupanim

Aloha guys,

WOOF! I guess with all the rain that has hit that area a lot of stuff is being exposed. Time for everyone to go back to their old hunting spots. Man, I am sooooooo bummed at not breing able to make it out there. BUT the doctors say that my health should be my number one priority right now so i guess all i can do now is drool. Dont worry I have a laptop and the keyboard has a plastic covering.

Very nice specimen.

Aloha and be safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi

Just got back from Franconia, lots of new finds and faces there. Richard Garcia put on a GREAT outing !!!!

Bill, everyone kept asking where you were.

Mitchels speciman was a fantastic find, we did a conductivity test on it last night, and it reads all the way through the rock. I think Frank C. guestimated an ounce of gold in it.

Work got in the way Dave and I just could not get away and had to be there this afternoon for a couple hours. 3 hour drive for me so no go leaving late afternoon today....

I was bummed, but got to go quadding with my daughter this morning to make up for it....

Amen Bill-priorities-gold will always be out there but our childre not so-luv'm and hold on tight as much and as long as possible as the true gold in this life is yours already-John

Doesn't that really tick you off when you are looking for meteorites and those pesky gold specimens get in the way? Gosh when is someone going to invent a detector that will only detect meteorites and discriminate out the nuggets so we don't have to waste so much time digging them? :ROFL:

I have often thought that maybe I needed to change my thinking. Seems like when I am looking for gold I find meteorites. So I'm thinking if I could convince myself that I am looking for meteorites maybe I would find some gold. :4chsmu1:

Great specimen! Congratulations!

Doc

Doesn't that really tick you off when you are looking for meteorites and those pesky gold specimens get in the way? Gosh when is someone going to invent a detector that will only detect meteorites and discriminate out the nuggets so we don't have to waste so much time digging them? :ROFL:

I have often thought that maybe I needed to change my thinking. Seems like when I am looking for gold I find meteorites. So I'm thinking if I could convince myself that I am looking for meteorites maybe I would find some gold. :4chsmu1:

Great specimen! Congratulations!

Doc

Hmmmmm there is an idea, perhaps I'll try that this weekend Doc....

Hello all, I didn't know you were talking about me here ... I posted the picture on the Franconia site and then went on about the 121 g meteorite that I found on Sunday. I have done the specific gravity test on the nugget. The dry weight is 124.7 grams and the water weight is 91.3 grams. Based on the online formula that I saw it means there is about 1.4 ounces of gold there!

Yes, I was shocked when I looked down and saw the COLOR. It sounded so good on my detector. I do have the GPS of where I found it and a couple of days later I went back there with Twink and Don and a BIG coil to see if I could find more.

Montana Bob has told me that he found his first gold at Franconia near the freeway. That was back in the 80s. This is my first real gold other than a tiny flake I found on the Black Jack claim in California.

I hope to find more for the season and meet more of you and hunt with you. If you need a partner in Western Arizona during the week or weekend let me know.

Have detectors and will travel.

Mitchel