Nugget Shooter Forums

New nugget huntin' buddy

Uncle Ron

Well, three months after our little border collie got killed by that %#^@*& rattler, last Saturday, Dodacious talked me into going to the Wickenburg Animal Shelter "just to look." ... Well, you know how that goes! ... One little guy just totally won us over so we adopted him ... He is an Austrailian Kelpie mix ... 5-1/2 months old ... He and I have been spending 24 hours a day together and have bonded well ... He is one smart dog ... We're working up to beginning his gold hunting training ... Already have Snake Avoidance Training scheduled in New River ... Oh, his name? "Patch," of course ... Cheers, Unc

post-9-0-40269300-1349479886_thumb.jpg

Awesome Buddy , Ron....

Cool dog Ron! He look's so attentative too. That dog is smart! I can see it in his eyes. WTG!

Rim

Hiya Patch, welcome to the family

Well, Ron... Congrats to you and the Mrs on the new baby. Looks to be a mighty fine specimen for sure!

Gotta teach him to sniff out gold! :) He sure looks smart enough

I am thrilled for all three of you. Good going... :yesss:

-C

ron, his eare are smaller than yours, but he will be able to haer the sounds of gold growing in mother earth. a keeper for sure uncle ron.

harry

Good on you Ron.....

Thats all we get anymore are rescue dogs. They do seem to bond a lot faster

and love you lots! Ive got 3 of them under my feet all the time.

You guys have many good years ahead of you.

Congrats.

Tom H.

Aloha Ron,

Great job on the rescue. He looks attentive enough but can he find gold and meteorites? You are just going to have to put in some time to let him know what to sniff out.

Aloha and once again "nice picker".

Stan aka Kaimi

Glad to hear it, Ron! See, when you guys talked about it, the two of you had been thinking about it;

you both were feeling the emptiness from your dog just passed(read dog as "family member").

"Patch" will never take her place, but will fill the void the two of you were feeling.

And like "Rimshot" says, you can definitely see it in his eyes and body language!

Congratulations and good goin'!

Greg

• 4 weeks later...

Well, three months after our little border collie got killed by that %#^@*& rattler, last Saturday, Dodacious talked me into going to the Wickenburg Animal Shelter "just to look." ... Well, you know how that goes! ... One little guy just totally won us over so we adopted him ... He is an Austrailian Kelpie mix ... 5-1/2 months old ... He and I have been spending 24 hours a day together and have bonded well ... He is one smart dog ... We're working up to beginning his gold hunting training ... Already have Snake Avoidance Training scheduled in New River ... Oh, his name? "Patch," of course ... Cheers, Unc

Hi, Ron,

How's Patch coming along? Thanx.

Cochetopa/Jim

Patch is sure turning out to be a great dog!!! ... Learning more and more every day .... Very loyal ... Sometimes he gets out and runs beyond eyesight and I call or whistle and he comes running back to me immediately ... Haven't started him on the nugget sniffing yet, but he does have a good nose on him ... Only down side is he loves quail poop! ... Here's a photo of Patch and Dodacious ... Cheers, Unc

post-9-0-80958600-1351723024_thumb.jpg

My dogs liked to eat horse poo, seems that they need to renew the bactera in their stomach. For it to really take effect one has to roll in it first. Might help keep away fleas also, I know it has an effect on me.

Old Tom

Patch has got the biggest bark on him I've ever heard from a six month old pup ... Then he snarls ... Downright scarey ... I think he'd scare an intruder into a corner then pee on their foot from " Happy to see ya"" ... Cool pup ... Cheers, Unc

Cancel my request for coming back in my second life as a St. Bernard.....don't want horse poop.....chicken poop.....

quail poop or any poop on my keg of beer :knight-horse::th:

Archived