Nugget Shooter Forums

New nugget huntin' buddy

It is a dog thing Unc, they love bird poop and out dogs love to eat chicken poop. Must be something in it they think they need :nutty:

It's called, "coprophagia". A medical doctor told me about it. You can Google search on the word to learn about the behvior.

Nothing better that a shelter dog, got our Boxer 2 years ago from a shelter a lovable pain in the butt.

Our 1st boxer got Desert Fever. After numerous testing I mentioned about being in the desert and how she would run and dig after the critters so they drew blood and sent it in for testing and sure enough Valley (Desert Fever) Was on meds the rest of her life, finally got wise and got the prescription and took it to the drug store (people medication) and it was 1/2 the cost.

Valley Fever is tough! ... I got it about 50 years ago and it scarred my lungs badly ... It's like whooping cough X 10 .... I still have to tell doctors about it whenever I get a chest X-ray or they freak out ... I recently had an ultrasound for my heart and the scarred lungs made it hard for them to observe my heart ... But once you have it, you have immunity to getting it again, so I guess for us guys who dig up the desert everyday, that's a good thing! ... Cheers, Unc

Has anyone read the article in the new GPAA magazine on the guy who has taught his dog to find gold, silver, and other metals? Interesting! And you can get instructions on how to do it yourself ..... (but I forget how! :olddude: ... Cheers, Unc

I read in some book that dogs can be trained to sniff for arsenic, which is associated with some gold deposits. Gold itself is so inert, it probably doesn't emit an odor but its impurities might.

That is one alert, intelligent-looking pooch! I have to wonder why he was left to the shelter.

-Ed

Hey George ... You coming down to the southern climes this winter? Great to see you post again ... Cheers, Unc

Well, three months after our little border collie got killed by that %#^@*& rattler, last Saturday, Dodacious talked me into going to the Wickenburg Animal Shelter "just to look." ... Well, you know how that goes! ... One little guy just totally won us over so we adopted him ... He is an Austrailian Kelpie mix ... 5-1/2 months old ... He and I have been spending 24 hours a day together and have bonded well ... He is one smart dog ... We're working up to beginning his gold hunting training ... Already have Snake Avoidance Training scheduled in New River ... Oh, his name? "Patch," of course ... Cheers, Unc

Great to hear, Ron.

When you go to snake training with the pooch....take your gators. Ask the fellow if you can let the snake hit you a few times...just so you know how fast it is and where it hits!

Jim

Jim, I think I won't be doing that.....YIKES ... Makes my skin crawl just to think about it! Cheers, Unc