Nugget Shooter Forums

Electric high banker getting the gold for the shaker table

jarrod

That is some great looking gold you found. Looking forward to seeing your home made shaker table. I have many buckets of classified dredge concentrates just waiting to see a shaker table. Unfortunately, tables are too expensive to buy so I am looking for somebody that has one I can use or one that I can make.

That is some great looking gold you found. Looking forward to seeing your home made shaker table. I have many buckets of classified dredge concentrates just waiting to see a shaker table. Unfortunately, tables are too expensive to buy so I am looking for somebody that has one I can use or one that I can make.

I have the shaker table on here some where but here it is again before new feeder system and not the best gold cons

Where did you get the plans to make the shaker table? Also, what meterial did you use for the table top? It looks like it was factory made. Great job.

First off I want to thank you for the comment

well I watched lots of youtube videos, looked around on forms and new I wanted to have a multi functional tool easy to use built for a prospector and totally retro fit any change to it be easy for someone to put it to gather using only an allen wrench to bring shipping price down I made lots of changes from spring action and 4 different top's 3 different shack action and one and one I also wanted to build something someone may want and that means is has to work be easy to use and well built

I used some of my carpenter skills and routed it out of plastic

Each time I see that I keep wanting to build my own... or buy yours :yesss:

Can't wait for the next installment :droolin:

glad to see you have as much fun watching gold dance as I do 2 more videos downloading as I tip your going to love the last video

but its not the last one I still got 30 mess and 100 mess videos to make

I also like the location of your place... dirt drive, trees, appear to not be able see another house. Reminds me of living in Arkansas... just with gold :)

How much you figure you've gotten in this run so far?

I keep looking at that table and thinking of how to make the top. Did you use HDPE or UHMW plastic?

I also like the hole in the base to make it a sieve shakers, too.

I also like the location of your place... dirt drive, trees, appear to not be able see another house. Reminds me of living in Arkansas... just with gold :)

I keep looking at that table and thinking of how to make the top. Did you use HDPE or UHMW plastic?

got to head to work I'll have some answers later tell then enjoy the gold dancing

more videos

the rest of my 50 messhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x73FNK7vso0&list=UUo_e7sg6Uym-wBkR4L1GZog&index=1&feature=plpp_video

black rib snuffer bottle

I will use one or the other for the base below the table top. My table is poplar wood for now. witch one do you think would hold a screw better?

the top is acrylic and if your a builder I would consider cutting you just a top out.

about 1.5 grams so far. I dont know how close weighing a bottle full of water to zero the scale then placing the gold bottle with water and no air bubbles?

I would gobwith UHMW, personally. It is sometimes called "oil-impregnated plastic" but that's a misnomer. It is so dense that it is slick as greased lightning. It is used in high-wear food service and manufacturing. We use it for skid plate faces (usually backed by aluminum) due to its ease of manipulation (heat, cuts cleanly with nearly any saw) and durability. If it gets stuffed or gouged, we just hit it with a flap wheel grinder and smooth it out.

I have some laying around the shop I'll pour some fine gold and water on it to see how it reacts. It should do well to let gold dance.

I could easily build the base and shakers with a parts list and suggestions. I'm no match for your routing skills, for sure. I do know that routing UHMW works, and won't gum up your blade like other plastics can (when they get hot and melt to the blade) as it has some interesting melt properties and takes a higher temp to melt.

One could even use it for a slip-bearing type surface due to its wear properties. Two faces of this stuff will last longer than.metal to metal, even longer if greased.

UHMW isn't cheap, but nothing that's really worth it is.

If you do decide to get some, contact your local metal supply and ask where you might get some. Then call that place and see if they sell by the sq ft or have some cut offs in any decent sizes. I say that because a 4*8 sheet of 1/2" can be several hundred bucks. You may be able to use 3/8" depending on how deep the grooves are.

I would gobwith UHMW, personally. It is sometimes called "oil-impregnated plastic" but that's a misnomer. It is so dense that it is slick as greased lightning. It is used in high-wear food service and manufacturing. We use it for skid plate faces (usually backed by aluminum) due to its ease of manipulation (heat, cuts cleanly with nearly any saw) and durability. If it gets stuffed or gouged, we just hit it with a flap wheel grinder and smooth it out.

I have some laying around the shop I'll pour some fine gold and water on it to see how it reacts. It should do well to let gold dance.

I could easily build the base and shakers with a parts list and suggestions. I'm no match for your routing skills, for sure. I do know that routing UHMW works, and won't gum up your blade like other plastics can (when they get hot and melt to the blade) as it has some interesting melt properties and takes a higher temp to melt.

One could even use it for a slip-bearing type surface due to its wear properties. Two faces of this stuff will last longer than.metal to metal, even longer if greased.

UHMW isn't cheap, but nothing that's really worth it is.

If you do decide to get some, contact your local metal supply and ask where you might get some. Then call that place and see if they sell by the sq ft or have some cut offs in any decent sizes. I say that because a 4*8 sheet of 1/2" can be several hundred bucks. You may be able to use 3/8" depending on how deep the grooves are.

the table top has to be acrylic but the base under the top can be like mine wood or metal or uhmw and so one.

the high banker is made with polycarbonate super strong and light but not cheep I would have to buy a full sheet of 3/4 none in the scrap pill. I got all of the plastic at Plasticare's scrap pill they even had uhmw and hdpe in there scrap pill.

what ever I use on the next few tables has to hold screws and hold up to pulling them in and out over time for the people that like to use the classifier shaker below.

unmw is what I will most likely use it's water proof unlike wood

the frame is 8020 inc I would lean away from using uhmw or hdpe for bearings I would stick to using real bearings

you can find most of the stuff for the table on ebay. 8020 , pump, bearings and so one

I would sink some threaded inserts into any plastic if you expect to be RnR screws a lot. You can get stainless ones at a building supply store. UHMW will hold, but it is still plastic and will fail over time.

I was only referring to points where things slip past one another when talking about using puck of UHMW for a "bearing". Would never put it in the place where a bearing could be used instead. Sorry for the misunderstanding there.

Help me understand why the top must be acrylic? I would think it would be prone to cracking with the vibrations it must endure over time. And it is prone to shipping when routed.

I have never worked with those plastics before do to price. This is way I asked about holding up. yes thanks I will just plan on inserts. when you referred to one type being a good bearing I thought of the bearings offered by 8020inc and thought don't waste your money on them.there is next to no vibration in the table that will make the gold jump out of the track and float and be missed.the acrylic held up to a hail storm 1/4 size stones and it been out side where it sits for 3 mouths. it does not chip when routed at the right speed but it dose eat bits up fast. when drilled with too much downward force it chips out the back side of the hole. they do make special bits to help prevent that. Their are many reasons to use acrylic and after two years on it and thousands of dollars and all my gold coins in the pawn shop for next to nothing. It's all in or bust!!!!!!! so right now it's like asking me where your honey hole is sorryI am going to do my best to take my electric set up equipment all the way!!!!!! this is way the same pump and black box runs the highbanker as well plus it will run all day or 8 hrs on a optima battery . In four steps you got gold 1 highbank. 2 classify. 3 concentrate to a black sand and gold. 4 table time I am a interior trim carpenter trying to fined a new way to stay busy or sell out after the legal side is done sorry . just remember there are MANY things that have to be just right to make it all work the way it does.

I didn't mean to imply that I was asking for any design/way to copy. Definitely not my intention. I am a mechanical nut and am always interested in how things work. I have much of the skill to figure out stuff, except the top. I would be happy to get one of these (complete table) from ya when you start selling, should I have the money to do so.

You've got a very nice setup and have obviously thought of it in a sort of modular fashion from classifier table, shaker, and then take part to run the highbanker. Next ya just gotta figure out how to run the wheel directly to the table feeder with the black sand grabber in the middle :)

I didn't mean to imply that I was asking for any design/way to copy. Definitely not my intention. I am a mechanical nut and am always interested in how things work. I have much of the skill to figure out stuff, except the top. I would be happy to get one of these (complete table) from ya when you start selling, should I have the money to do so.

You've got a very nice setup and have obviously thought of it in a sort of modular fashion from classifier table, shaker, and then take part to run the highbanker. Next ya just gotta figure out how to run the wheel directly to the table feeder with the black sand grabber in the middle :)

no worries your not imply you just got good questions I wish I could answer right now ask away and if I dont answer well you got a good one then LOL

I think I can get a top cut out for about 350