Nugget Shooter Forums

El Dorado NF road closures

This was sent to me today since I am part of the suit.

The Court found in our favor on the issue of standing and our claims having merit. They also found against us, in favor for the Forest Service, that the Forest Service had authority to close the roads. We feel that we may be able to overturn that on private property issues of the mining claims. We are seriously considering attempting to get this into the Supreme Court. Any feedback is welcome.

Jerry Hobbs

http://www.metnews.c...?0912//11-15007

For whatever reason the link takes me to a relatively blank page on my phone. I can, however, move around on the website.

What's the title of the article so it could be located?

Thx

Takes quite awhile to download Glen but finally came up as locked up my puter bigtime. Wow what a loss of egress and regress is to the viability of any claim holders violated. Courts are no longer a avenue to justice-time for another 1776 as this crappola has gone on for toooo bloody long-John

For whatever reason the link takes me to a relatively blank page on my phone. I can, however, move around on the website.

What's the title of the article so it could be located?

Thx

Glenn,

It's the manuscript of the court's decision, I was going to copy and paste it here but it's much to long to do so, as are most manuscripts of court's decisions.

I read it with no problems.

El D I hope ya'll win!

Look's like the gov can bend their rules any way they want too.

Rim

When the "public roads" on which motor vehicles previously carried US citizens to their "public lands" are closed, those lands cease to be "public lands". Furthermore, if God or the Founding Fathers didn't want public roads on our public lands there would have never been any roads. If God or the Founding Fathers wanted us to all follow the same footpaths, LIKE SHEEP, they would have laid out the paths long ago.

How far do you think a retired 60 or 70-something American who has worked his or her ass off for 50 years can hike?

How about a married couple with small children? How far can they hike?

We want FULL use of ALL of our public lands.

Dakota Slim 2012

Huge loss,read 3 times now as you always had standing so non issue-all I see is death of RS277 ?? egress/regress now has a precedent against it--sic sic sic-John

• 2 weeks later...

Ingress/egress from public lands for disabled people has always been an issue for as long as there were parks built. The damned things are exempt from most ADA rules because they only have to make reasonable accommodations past parking spots.

I have to drive a vehicle of some sort to public lands as my back won't allow my legs to carry me too far. I'm not asking for a paved, or even graded road. Just a route I can follow to be able to enjoy the land my forefathers left to me and my family.

These damned land grabs and closing routes which have been in constant use more than 50 years goes against their own rules and regs... and pisses me off!

Hi,

Just fyi. I attended last month in Pitkin, CO, a meeting in front of the general store between the NFS and citizens of Pitkin over a FS road closure. The road started out as a stagecoach route between Pitkin and a nearby town back in the 19th century. The FS was represented by an administrator and a NFS law enforcement person with a gun on her hip. Residents said they would reopen the road themselves and the NFS would have to arrest them to stop the action. Someone even brought a Bobcat on a trailer, so the residents were serious. The NFS administrator backed down and agreed to reopen the road (Powderhouse Road) within a week. A week later the road was only partially opened; the NFS didn't follow through on their word. Last I heard, the residents were still talking about taking action themselves and risk the jail time.

By the way, there was no news coverage in the liberal media over this event.

Cochetopa/Jim

post-22783-0-18545100-1350140838_thumb.j

post-22783-0-53028800-1350140850_thumb.j

Good luck and thanks for your help fighting the battle. Don't give up..... Have you ever hears of the Elko(Jarbidge) Shovel Brigade? They did it!

http://www.wnd.com/2000/07/4664/

There's was a recent problem in Tombstone. Their water supply was severely disrupted and they had to fight tooth and nail just to be able to walk in and use hand tools to make temporary repairs.

It's still going on in Tombstone. The winter rains and such they rely on to fill the tanks during winter are coming up fast and the Feds still won't let them in with anything other than hand tools.

The water catch systems were damaged by a forest fire and then the catch basins were filled in with fire-related debris. So you could say the govt is truly killing an historic town and her people. They want to make it a state park, or add to the Wilderness area where the water system is... more likely the latter.

• 3 months later...

Here is a follow-up to my 10/13/2012 post regarding Powderhouse Road closure at Pitkin, CO. The road is open, now.

http://youtu.be/NYnTHtDIeXA