Nugget Shooter Forums

Fossilized Sand Dollar

adam

Heres a Sand Dollar I self collected on an old shoreline in the Anza Borrego Desert. I was probably in my teens when I found a huge chunk of sea floor up on its side. On this chunk was many Sand dollars all together , and I managed to chizel this nearly intact one from the sand & pebble sea floor. The shoreline where it was found would be an exact match with the location of the Gulf of California if it were well north of its current position.

Probably my coolest fossil find ever....

sanddollar.jpg

That's cool... I wish I still had all the fossils I got when we had our acre pond dug in Michigan... I would swim around the sides for hours on end pulling out stuff out of the banks... Didn't think much of it then... Pretty common up there...

That is very cool Adam!! Thanks for showing it. Anza has alot of treasures still, that's where I found m dinosaur tooth.

Anza has alot of treasures still, that's where I found m dinosaur tooth.

Anza is a neat place ...When I lived in Santee, i`d drive out there all the time & hike around.......Did you put the tooth under y`er pillow :D

Did you put the tooth under y`er pillow :D

:25r30wi: I don't even wanna know what would happen if you put a T-Rex tooth under yer pillow!!! That could get nasty!! :yikes:

Anza is a great place just to explore and cruise around, a lot of cool stuff to see out there.