Nugget Shooter Forums

California State Mineral Measuem Robbed

GeoJack

I don't know, but prob. I have put the word out at many shops, even in Monterey Ca. to be on the look out, they got the Bennitoite also, and it comes from very close to Monterey. So maybe they will get them. I hope. Its our history, they stole, not only the gold! Grubstake

This sons a beeches!!

The museum got a reprieve on closure just to have this happen?!? This kind of stuff really is the lowest of low. I hope they get the stuff back and these guys do to themselves what that carjacker here in Phoenix yesterday did!!!

I agree with Glenn..... I'll even loan them my .45

There is more than one way to steal gold! Do any of you remember the gold and treasures recovered off of Padre Island ,TX?

The state went to the courts and claimed it from the private salvors, it was stored by the state for years while the case went through court. When the vault was finnaly unsealed and the treasure removed it was found to be all fake. It had been tampered with during the years it was sealed by the courts, this may be common , who knows ?

Did they ever recover the Sutter county gold?

Max

Not 1 gram of the gold stolen from Yreka this spring has been found and even with video of the heist not a single arrest either. The history-aka the Fricot Nugget and many more monsters from our past were there and I am more than pissed off as this desecration of our mining legacy is in full swing as greed rules the day...and crank,coke and ice kill off yet another generation...sic sic sic-John

John I don't think you can write this off to hop heads trying to finance a habit. These heists sound like they were well thought out, druggies wouldn't have snatched gems they wouldn't know what to do with them. Like GeoJack said they probably had the furnace fired up and those fist sized junks are in little bars by now and on their way to dealers outside the country, probably through Mexico or even our good friends in Canada.

Gramps

I have a couple sets of pics of the gold display and will post when scanned. I'm calling today and will try to get a list of specific nuggets to post in the hope a reward will help get their return. Out of ideas as gave Yreka a $100 to add to the reward and nuttn' but these are our history and legacy-sic sic sic-John