Nugget Shooter Forums

New Shop

heybeerman

Geo's "Man Cave" post got me thinking about the new shop and office we are doing. I didn't want to hyjack his post but I figured I would share some pics:

We bought a pretty old and beat up shop and completly renovated it.

BEFORE PICS:

post-713-0-61744300-1348690661_thumb.jpg

post-713-0-33871000-1348690683_thumb.jpg

Here are some shots of the inside as we were moving in:

First pic shows the 15,000# 2 post & the 40,000# drive on lifts.

The second pic shows the dual overhead cranes. 40' lube pit with railroad track bult into the concrete.

post-713-0-23692000-1348691075_thumb.jpg

post-713-0-83933700-1348691095_thumb.jpg

Very nice to say the least. It's going to be a pleasure to work in! When is the grand opening? Way back when, I had(was the service manager) a giant cool looking shop too. Only difference it was a bit larger and had airplanes in it instead of vehicles. I just loved that shop and having customers say they gave me their business because my shop looked way more professional than the other three shops on the airport........

I build and maintain railroad tracks. We have most of your common construction equipment. Plus alot of real odd railroad only equipment. Along with a fleet of pick up's Semi's, service trucks you name it.

There is two mills left in the USA that still "roll" rail. Otherwise its all imported. We build 50% of our jobs with "relay rail" (used) We get rails in 39' & 80' lengths for the most part. We can get it in 1/4 mile long strings. Those wil come delivered on a train 40 per train load. Sometimes we will get 80' delivered via rail. Then weld them into continuos strings on the jobe site.

The standard rail we deal with now is115, 136 or 141. That means it weighs115, 136 or 141# per 3 feet of rail.

My brother and I started out in a 150' x 150' dirt lot with a chainlink fence for a yard 20 yrs ago. Then we bought an old emission test station in Glendale and that has been our Phoenix area shop and yard till this.

Very nice, man!

I'm a tad jealous for sure!

Bet your guys are gonna love the new home, just not the extra drive in. Heck, your driving in is darn long now.

I'm proud of you guys, though. American entrepreneurial spirit at work!

There is two mills left in the USA that still "roll" rail. Otherwise its all imported. We build 50% of our jobs with "relay rail" (used) We get rails in 39' & 80' lengths for the most part. We can get it in 1/4 mile long strings. Those wil come delivered on a train 40 per train load. Sometimes we will get 80' delivered via rail. Then weld them into continuos strings on the jobe site.

The standard rail we deal with now is115, 136 or 141. That means it weighs115, 136 or 141# per 3 feet of rail.

My brother and I started out in a 150' x 150' dirt lot with a chainlink fence for a yard 20 yrs ago. Then we bought an old emission test station in Glendale and that has been our Phoenix area shop and yard till this.

I was laying ribbon rail back in the 1970s for CNW RR when the stuff was still brand new. No more clickity clack....

I was laying ribbon rail back in the 1970s for CNW RR when the stuff was still brand new. No more clickity clack....

I bet it was hard to hear the wheels "clackin" over those Steam Engines back then...

Thanks for al the kind words. I quesss I never really looked back and fully relised how far we have come. It has been exactly 24 years since my brother and I moved to Arizona and started in that dirt lot. We have alot of good people working for us.