Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GeoJack

Man Cave

Finally pulled the trigger for a Man Cave. Bought one of the nicer 10 x 12 sheds from Home Depot and had it built yesterday.

Now to outfit it.

After seeing El's place, I just had to have one all to myself.

Wife suggested a folding bed????

I always loved these.

post-21985-0-50306600-1348417386_thumb.j

Congratulations! but that's a dog house if it needs a bed! Love my man cave and have just done a small amount of rearranging and adding more equipment for a whole new approach on jewelry fabrication. It's getting pretty crowded now but still have room for a pool table if it is only 10" by 12" !

I'm lucky, I have one, this is a 28x 70 two bedroom trailer, we have, My computor and all my good stuff is in one bedroom, wife won't even come in here, unless I ask her too. Grubstake

She calls my detecting, computor, and all my soldering and electrical stuff ,JUNK! I think not!

I cannot access my "man Cave" - where my HAM radios used to be

(sold them all after my Dad passed away) Now the room is full of JUNK

that needs to be processed and (mostly) thrown away before I can get

back INTO it. This year's project, I guess.

Best wishes to everyone!

KarlB

Out cutting a hole in the roof for a Velux operable skylight for ventilation. Plumbing a Solatube next for natural light. Going with LED lights for when it's dark out.

Planning on adding a small quadport to the side for my quad and law mower. Also looking at adding a small deck at the entrance so I can set out and have a cold one after a hard day's labor in the mine.

Isn't it comforting to know your priorities are in order......might want to rethink the position of the beer is in....more to the

front and middle and then in back.....just trying to help....no thanks needed....

I cannot access my "man Cave" - where my HAM radios used to be

(sold them all after my Dad passed away) Now the room is full of JUNK

that needs to be processed and (mostly) thrown away before I can get

back INTO it. This year's project, I guess.

Best wishes to everyone!

KarlB

Know how ya feel Karl, I just got mine mostly clean last week and I can now see from one end to the other.... Still got w ways to go though.

My.man cave is about 4 miles away.

~3000 sq ft and outfitted with two 2-post lifts, 20 ton iron worker, 8' metal break, mill, lathe, all manner of metal saws, plasma cutters, welders, 5' * 10' Torchmate plasma table, tubing benders, parts room, bathroom, office w/AC, ...

And it has the opportunity to make me a few bones :)

Kind of like Blake's, only larger ;)

Man caves are a fantastic invention, and I could live in mine and be content as an otter in a trout pond.

I'll keep some space for your quad Tom. Paint going on now. Shelves, tools and inventory going in this week. Still trying to figure out how to run power to it.

Large loft area for storagepost-25522-0-75478700-1348491856_thumb.j

Glen that sounds more like heaven :D than a mere man cave-John

When I come up we can trench power over and the water supply for Con. But not in the same trench.

Looked at the 10-code for your signature...

10-49 Traffic light out at ...

:thumbsupanim

We can trench only after we beep.

Good Job Geo! Gotta love a good man cave.

If everything go's good with permits I will be building a place to park the motorhome and some more work space at the house real soon.

Dmiser, yours looks a lot like mine :)

Blake, they require permits that far out there? ;)

I now feel very under built after hearing about Glenn's and seeing dmiser's. :tisk-tisk:

I now feel very under built after hearing about Glenn's and seeing dmiser's. :tisk-tisk:

Some guys need a Man Cave and then there's those that need a Man Cavern!!! :cool:

Hell, Blake has me beat by a MILE! And mine is a running business, so I have to work around other people's rigs to do my own crap.

I built mine for my personal use not even the wife can share it with me. After 30 years welding rain or shine in the Piledriving industry never did work indoors, Now I'm retired I have a place to work indoors, its empty right now but I will fill it fast with a two post hoist and welding equipment. I have some of my old dredging and mining equipment to go in it, with misc. off road vehicles. I quit mining eighteen years ago to build for my retirement, three years ago I moved to the Sierra foothills to be closer to the mining then they closed dredging just my lu.ck.Now its time to start nugget hunting with my old whites Eagle ll that I bought and never used back in 1987 it will have to do for now. I will also be doing some lode mining for pocket gold, back in 1972 I spent a year learnig how from an old German miner in Coulterville Ca. I saw many 90 ounce pockets he found that year. I'll have to figure out how to get around the blasting back then all you needed was property in the county and you could get dynamite, fuse and caps in Mariposa at the feed store. It's good to be back and its time to start hunting for some gold. I'm finally back Dan

Dan, they have some stuff for expanding rocks or seems, don't need to blast. Grubstake

Cal-Trans use to use some exspanding grout called smite Back in the 80's I have read about some others but can't remember there names. Dan