Nugget Shooter Forums

down but not out

Kaimi

I DONT KNOW HOW MANY OF YOU GUYS KNOW MY UNCLE sTAN (kAIMI) BUT HE HAS HARPED ABOUT A BUNCH OF YOU GUYS ON THIS FORUM FOR AS LONG AS i CAN REMEMBER. Sad news came to me yesterday when my mom called from UMC medical. He was admitted after having a stroke. He has lost about 50% of his vision in his left eye but ofther than that nothing major. He is in good spirits but really bummed that he wont be able to attend a meeting planned for the first week of October. The doctor has told him that he may as well gtive up his meteorite hunting days and also driving around. That got him all wound up for sure. I am just asking that you guys send him some good Karma so he can get over this hurdle . I know my Aunty Claudia (Sister Jolene at the Encino convent has arranged a mass to be said for him)but any word HE gets from us down here will certainly be heard. Here is hoping my uncle stan is able to pull thru this and get out in the desert he so much loves.

His niece: Krystl

I communicated with Stan the other day. All I can think of saying are words I will not share here. It's a "B" gettng old and some do it faster than others. All the best wishes to Stan.

Jim & Wendy

Stan my Man,

I am sad to hear this news. I wish you a fast recovery friend. You will be in my familys prayers. We need your humor, and energy back out in the field.

Dave.

I talked to stan a few minutes ago. He is in good spirits but can not see out of his left eye very good. The meds are making him dizzy. He is out of the hospital.

Jim

Hang in there, Stan ... You will be in my and Dodacious' prayers ... As the others say, don't pay attention to the comments of the Dr. ... The fact you are home so quickly underscores the fact that you'll be out there swinging in no time at all ... Cheers, Unc

Mahalo everyone for the positive comments. Yes, its a bitch doing stuff with only one eye. I have a totally new respect for blind people. All I can say is that it is like looking at the world thru a toiley paper cardboard tube. definitiley surreal but at least I haave no muscle loss or weakness just the fact that it hit one small spot should be a blessing BUT why my sight? Staying positive and listening to the docs hear at UMC for a change. I am trapped at home but at least my niece is here to help me out.

Hope you all have a great outing and make sure to lift one for me around the camfire. BTW, Richard I am sending you a little extra luck so you can find a 300+ gammer this trip. Man, you are way overdue my friend.Aloha and God speed.

Kaimi aka stan

Hey Krysti ,

tell stan we are praying for him and his speedy recovery. Also thanks for letting us know .... And hey stan , we miss you buddy so hurry back !!!!!!

Hey Stan, don't know ya personaly but kinda know ya through yer postings, you hurry up and git better man, the best therapy I can think of would be to git back out there soon as you feel up to it and do some desert rock huntin! Our thoughts and prayers are with ya all the way from Mich. Frank & Wendy

darn Stan.

Listen to the docs, and your body. With your kind of grit, you'll be back to most of your old tricks in no time.

Had a wheeling buddy named Mr. Ed (never knew his last name). Great guy, old as dirt, and could only see out one eye. He was able to do anything he wanted with the limited field of view. It just took some adjusting.

He's passed on to the rock trail in the sky, but I think of him often.

He was living proof that with enough gumption, you can do dang near anything.

Get better fast and go find some more little black rocks

I will never forget the day we hunted Gold Basin. We hunted like there was no tomorrow. Met up with Jay and he had a great stone and caught the pic he still uses today. This will be a moment that I shall never forget. We all found meteories that day. My wife lost a retina and is now blind in one eye and can still find arrow heads on our trips. I will pray for your full recorvery and get back to the fields

A.S.A.P. Its the best cure in the book.

Wayne

Stan,

Great to hear your out of the hospital. My dad had a stroke 3 years ago, and went blind in his left eye just sees faint shadows, but still is able to get out to the desert. Let me know if you are interested in going to Franconia, I will come pick you up... Your gonna have to navigate Charlies on 1 eye, now that might need some working on.. :D

Dave

Stan,

Great to hear your out of the hospital. My dad had a stroke 3 years ago, and went blind in his left eye just sees faint shadows, but still is able to get out to the desert. Let me know if you are interested in going to Franconia, I will come pick you up... Your gonna have to navigate Charlies on 1 eye, now that might need some working on.. :D

Dave

Stan, I do hope you consider this! I'll help Dave set up your tent and stuff, all you have to do is sit back and do traffic control and the pointy finger thing.

Jim

Stan,

I wish you a speedy recovery and never ever throw in the towel. There is a meteorite just sitting out there waiting on you to come find it. Best of luck!

Rim

So sorry to hear about your stroke, that's a tough break. Our prayers go up for your speedy recover and that your family will be comforted.

Hey Stan, glad you are home and feeling better man! Is the eye sight loss perm, don't know, or expected back? Just glad you are already on the board and toilet paper tube or not You will get back to what you love me thinks.... :idea: