Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Desertsunburn

BLM - NEW RULES - READ THIS

I don't know Squat abut Meteorites.

Man I do love to collect Hot Rocks though.

I am a huge fan of iron oxides, and I look for them wherever I can. My metal detector helps me find them. Richard, I will see you there where I will happily exercise other rights I have that someone else thinks I shouldn't have.

George Carlin, one of my personal heroes, on rights: http://youtu.be/9ivYN-j--ao

I don't know Squat abut Meteorites.

Man I do love to collect Hot Rocks though.

Sorry officer that's a meteor wrong not a meteorite.

The US Supremem Court has repeatedly held that when there is conflict between Regulations made by an agency and the statutes passed by Congress, the Statute prefails. This isn't even regulation, it's merely an Instruction to managers about policy.

If the matter were presented to the US Court of Claims in the proper manner by attorneys who did their homework, the BLM would lose their shirt and their case, as they have done in many cases involving water rights issues. Cases like this should properly go to the Court of Claims, not the US District Courts, as citizens are being deprived of material goods by the government or government action. This policy is indefensible on several grounds, and could not prevail in court.

As for meteorites not being "locatable" due to their extra-terrestrial origin, it should be relatively easy for a case to be made that a strewn field, though not a "lode", is a "placer" with the minerals deposited by gravity rather than by water erosion. The fact that BLM holds the patent on a mineral claim on the Barringer Crater should clinch it.

These people who don't follow their own rules and laws make it too easy. The only thing that lets them run wild like this is that so few have the time, money and dedication to mount an effective long-term court fight with them. Also so few attorneys are knowledgable enough to make good use of the Court of Claims.

I'm still planning on going to Franconia, and anywhere else, to prospect for meteorites as well as other minerals, on a hobby level of course.

The average person including myself are not familiar with the identification of meteorites. It takes certain skill through evaluation.

What I read on another forum this new law falls under the Antiquities Act. Some local here in Colorado tried to include all dirt mountain roads to fall under this act as off limits to all vehicles.

Does it not the interpertation of the Antiquities Act law is to protect national treasures belonging of that to the United States of America.

Meteorites are space rocks totally alien not to just the USA but to planet Earth.

Sounds like an arguement for a good upcoming lawyer to challenge in court.

Just my two cents.

Jim

I am a huge fan of iron oxides, and I look for them wherever I can. My metal detector helps me find them. Richard, I will see you there where I will happily exercise other rights I have that someone else thinks I shouldn't have.

George Carlin, one of my personal heroes, on rights: http://youtu.be/9ivYN-j--ao

MIKE, Just saw that post and what a great start to my morning being able to see Carlin again, He was 1 of my favorites from time passed.

Tells it like it is as usual.

Like Pryor always gets me laughing and smiling.

Thanks for the post and yes, OH SO TRUE !!!!