Nugget Shooter Forums

Popped out this morning for a couple of hours swinging and it really made my day.

1st Chinese coin. I know they aren't worth much but I have been wanting to find one since I got my detector.

Oh yeah, 2 grams / 4 nuggets as well. All nuggets came out of the same pocket in the slate at the side of the dry creek bed.

post-25522-0-84427400-1348076816_thumb.j

• Like 1

Nice!

Sweeet!

Glad you got the gold :)

Nice relic also. Keep up the good work.

Good luck in the future hunts.

Tom H.

Nice gold and coin. Wouldn't it be cool to know the story of all the places that coin has been and how it got to be where you found it?

Paul

I was more excited finding the coin than that gold to tell the truth. You are right Ant Man, living history hanging on my neck now. I stopped where I was and looked around to take in the scene thinking the same thing. Very cool to place yourself in the situation when the coin was lost. My other find a year or so ago was my 1845 Sitting Liberty found on the banks of the American River, possibly from the sluice box of a true 49er.

I just read about how the Chinese coin collectors treat their coins, they keep them dirty and corroded as found instead of cleaning them up. It shows the history of the coin that way and depicts the travels the coin made.

Rick

Actually once you clean any coin you depreciate the values considerably. For all general rules there are exceptions,but few and far inbetween-great couple of hours!!! John

Nice nugs !! Sure wish my "mornin jaunts" ended up like that :D

Maybe if you would find a wash that isnt a 10 mile hike back into it would! :P

Tom H.

• 2 weeks later...

Good job GJ, I think you will love that Polaris, I got one and wouldn't part with it for anything...except a newer one!!

post-1755-0-73317100-1349290789_thumb.pn

My wish list for this thing would be... "Power Steering"!!

Agreed on the power steering. My bro just picked up a new Arctic Cat with the power steering. Sweet. After feeling that system I added some air to my front tires and it seems to help some. New tires are next.

But, we're manly men, right?

I was a "manly man" till 60+ hit, now a old fart jus' a hangn' on and anything that eases me along is just mighty fine to me. NICE new toy,color me gold with envy-John

• Like 1

Yeah we are manly men GJ but luxury is nice!! I've been keeping my eye out for an aftermarket system but the only thing for a reasonable price I've found was a torsion type setup that would have to be customized. I do believe they have an actual Polaris setup (electric) but it's for the UTV if I'm not mistaken. What did you air up to? I believe my tires say max pressure 7.5psi I'm still on my first set of tires and i bought mine new in 06.

Mine's a '05 700 EFI, didn't put the gauge to it, just pulled the foot pump out and gave it about 20 pumps. I'll check it today. I think I have too much rubber on the dirt instead of riding up on the treads. I'm riding over slate most of the time so the bars do transmit some resistance back to the rider. Would be ok if the trails were groomed. :D

Previous owner was a woman, maybe that is why her husband sold it. Desert riders.

John, just hit 60 myself, still trying to hold on to being a "young" man.

Getting ready to head out for a few days camping and swinging somewhere. Was going to fire up Google Earth and Minecache today to find a good spot to head out to next week as the weather is forecast to be a bit cooler. Should be fun to get on some trails and dirt roads to explore.

Got any suggestions John? I'm already in a sweet spot on the Georgetown Divide.